How Many Coats Of Klasse.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Many Coats Of Klasse.....

I have just put the third coat of Klasse SG on my truck. So far it gets a deeper shine with every coat. Is there some sort of law of diminishing returns with this? I read in the instructions that some folks put as many as 12 coats. This stuff is amazing so far.
I've used the Zaino and liquid glass in the past and neither one made my black truck look so deep and rich.

Rocks

Old 09-22-2002, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only have four coats on my truck. Never found time to put more and now its time that I need to do another polishing of the paint.

Most people agree you start to get diminishing returns after coat 5.

Old 09-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the input Intel486. That pretty much confirms what I am beginning to notice. I just finished putting coat number four on it and it seems to be only a slightly deeper shine.
I had put the first three coats on by hand and my arms where beginning to protest, so I whipped out my random orbital to help take off the fourth coat and the darned pad holder assembly flew off before I could get done. I finished it up by hand. That's pretty much it, I'm calling her done.

I am happy with the product though...It looks better than it ever has before and I have tried about every product out there over the past 5-6 years of owning this truck.

Thanks again for the input. Seems you offer quite a bit of help on this forum and I am sure it is appreciated by us all.

Rocks

Old 09-22-2002, 04:00 PM
Well, with four coats all you'll have to worry about for the next 6 months is preventing swirls

I've already confirmed three coats of Klasse SG lasts atleast 6 months. I bet it would last longer.

You can always grab some P21S and top your Klasse Sealant Glaze with that. It'll darken it even more.

Old 09-22-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Intel486
Well, with four coats all you'll have to worry about for the next 6 months is preventing swirls

I've already confirmed three coats of Klasse SG lasts atleast 6 months. I bet it would last longer.

You can always grab some P21S and top your Klasse Sealant Glaze with that. It'll darken it even more.

I hate to have to sound stupid, but I am not sure what P21S is.
I have read somewhere that a coat of carnuba wax over it will darken it some. What are your experiences with this?

P.S. As far as swirl marks go...knock on wood, but I have never had a swirl mark on this truck since I bought it. But then I have been pretty darned **** about what and how I clean my truck with. I won't let anyone else even think about cleaning my baby...LOL. That was one of the reasons I used a Random Orbital buffer on it on the rare occasions I have used a buffer on it.

I read a post somewhere here about someone getting swirls after taking their truck to a detailer. It reminded me of a detail place that is located just across from a place I eat lunch quite often. I have seen those folks dropping towels on the ground and then hitting vehicles with them afterward...dust on towel=swirls on paint.

Rocks

Last edited by Rocks; 09-22-2002 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:26 PM
That is the problem with detailers. Most people are happy with the hackers and then always say stuff like, "You are expensive," "I can get this place to do a full detailer for $80. Just your polish package is $80," etc.

Bring your truck over. I'm sure I can find some swirls on it

The new F-150s on the dealer lots here are full of swirls.

Heck, my truck is full of swirls right now. I haven't had time to actual work on it. Right now I could be working on it but between having to work outside in the rain tomorrow and do some work this morning I'm too tired to go work on my truck. Hmmm... I might go do something to it.

P21S is a paste wax. I love it and could see a difference where I had applied it over Klasse SG and where I had not. I really like it.

Properautocare.com has it. Some bike shops have S100, which is the same stuff. I'm sure there are some other online stores who have P21S.

Gonna go consider washing my truck. Might colorsand the hood even or atleast put a coat of wax on it. I have nothing else to do right now. Need to get more flyers printed up too and design some new ones. I'll do that tonight though.

Edit: nevermind... it is about to rain. Friggin weather.

Last edited by Intel486; 09-22-2002 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:36 PM
Swirls on MY TRUCK....I'd have to set it on fire .

My truck was one of those special order things....Long Bed/Extended cab. I managed to be at the dealership when they unloaded it. I wouldn't let them do the dealer prep bit on it...LOL.
Now that was some conversation. Basicly I said...touch that paint and the deal is off. A good friend of mine told me at the time that swirls where one of the worst parts about a dark color truck. Made me a bit hyper sensitive to the issue.
I'll have to take some pics of it to post and let you try to find swirls....Now I don't want to hear about the orange peal in the paint...LOL.

Thanks again Intel486.

By the By...I do make frequent trips to Bosier/Shreveport. I'll have to give Nawlins a try one of these days.

Rocks

Quick Reply: How Many Coats Of Klasse.....