Need help with some scratches

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need help with some scratches

Well, I had my new Arizona Beige SuperCrew Lariat for all of five days before my overly-friendly chocoate lab decided that he was so happy to see me that he had to jump up on the side of my truck. Have you ever heard the sound of a dog's nails as they slide down the side of a new truck? I was just about sick. Anyway, now I've got some small scratches on my passenger side door. They aren't through the clearcoat and to be honest with you, you can barely see them unless you're looking at them from the right angle (thank God for the Arizona Beige!), but I still want to try to get rid of them. Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch,
Matt

Old 09-06-2002, 12:00 PM
If they haven't penetrated the clearcoat, then they should be pretty easy to fix. Get some Meguiars scratch x at the auto supply store and follow the directions. Follow this up with a good wax and you should be in business.

Old 09-06-2002, 04:16 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info Navi Man. After I posted my question this morning, I did a little bit of searching and found that quite a few people recommended Scratch-X, so I stopped at Target during my lunch break today and found it. Hopefully it will do the trick.

Thanks again!
Matt

Old 09-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try searching.

We've discussed scratch removal before.

Quick Reply: Need help with some scratches