'Scuff' mark on my chrome front bumper...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Scuff' mark on my chrome front bumper...

Hey, I think this is my first post (Can't remember)...I just bought a 2002 F-150 XLT supercab. 4.6l, dark shadow grey two-tone. When I got the truck it had 6 miles on it. I didn't look close enough everywhere...but when I got home I noticed on the front chrome bumper there was what looked like someone peeled a sticker off it. It had the glue (?) from the back of a sticker on the bumper. So I thought I would wash it right off. Unfortuneately it didn't come off. I tried scrubbing it with a sponge, etc, etc but it won't budge. What is the best solution for this? It looks exactly like if you peeled a sticker off of a mirror or piece of chrome. That's the best I can explain it. Any help is appreciated. I can take it back to the dealer...but that would be a headache. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-26-2002, 08:43 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know of a couple of tricks...

First, a hair dryer (if, indeed, it is a glue substance). Heat it up, and use a terry towel to scrub it off.

Second, if that doesn't work, I'm told WD40 will remove anything that you'd like it to remove but, keep in mind, if you get it on your paint, it will remove the wax as well.

Third, I'd try a good chrome cleaner (mothers is good).

Good luck with that.

RP

Old 08-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Another thing that works good is "Virgin Laquer Thinner" I had gotten some water sealer all over my expi. That stuff took it right off with a little elbow grease. It is safe for paint, I had to scrub down my whole hood. You do have to rewax it though when you're done.

Old 08-26-2002, 05:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not positive but I think our bumpers are clearcoated...

I use Klasse AIO on them but have never done any polishing.

goof off is a great products (Is that the name? Comes in the yellow can? I always get the names confused. goo gone? goo off?)

If the stuff is really dried on, then you'll have to dab it on and let it sit for awhile. Then you can wipe it off.

Old 08-26-2002, 08:14 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GOO B GONE... he's right. Great product.

Old 08-27-2002, 01:12 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks a lot guys, I'll try to get it off this weekend.

Quick Reply: 'Scuff' mark on my chrome front bumper...