Wash/Swirl Marks

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Wash/Swirl Marks

Everytime I wash my truck I am extremely cautious to use all clean applications to prevent from getting any swirl or wash marks. I usually wash with a clean mit or spunge. Then I go back and dry with the Absorber and a California Water Blade. It seems though I am still collecting many bad swirl/wash marks. How can I take these out? Should I be better off to go have a professional buff them out or is there a special product I can use? Also what is causing these marks? Is it drying? My mit?

Thanks, any help is wanted!

Old 12-05-2001, 05:24 PM
2dollarsteak,

Check this site out. It has all of the information you need.

http://autopia-carport.com/forum/index.php3

Old 12-07-2001, 09:07 PM
I do the same & I also have the scratches. I know black is tough, but I do not want to keep paying for a detail. I am also interested in some products.

Old 12-19-2001, 11:51 AM
I've got your answer to the swirls

I use a Cyclo buffer I bought at www.topoftheline.com along with MacGuier's steps 1, 2, & 3 (available at pretty much any auto parts store or Wal-Mart, etc.). I go through all three steps using the buffer with the appropriate pads, and my 98 F-150 has paint that is swirl free and smoother than new. I have a buddy who has a 12 year old red Nissan 300ZX and he is the one who turned me on to the cyclo. He detailed cars through college and although he no longer drives it every day, that red paint looks brand new and has never been worked on other than using the Cyclo to cut, polish, and wax the paint. It sold me two years ago and while the buffer is $200+, it is worth every penny. I even got hit by another car in a parking lot, and the buffer took the dark green paint scratch (on my white truck) right out in about 10 mintues. I strongly recommend the purchase. It will pay for itself in no time at all.

Quick Reply: Wash/Swirl Marks