"Special" Microfiber Detergent - Worth it or Bullcrap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Special" Microfiber Detergent - Worth it or Bullcrap?

Hey guys,

I got some nice microfiber towels coming from Auto Geek. I want to take care of them, but I can't tell if the whole "special" microfiber detergent is just a bunch of hype or if it is truly worth it. I know you should NOT use any detergent with fabric softener or scents. Something like Tide Free and Gentle would match this description and it appears that many people use this.

It seems to me that the "special" microfiber detergent is just a great marketing scheme ($40 for a gallon of this stuff...not including shipping).

So...what is your guys' opinions on this?

Old 04-11-2015, 06:23 AM
I have the microfiber detergent from Adams polishes and it works great.
I have also heard the wool lite does the same thing.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I USE to use Tide- free and gentle, then during the rinse cycle I use to add a few ounces of vinegar. Vinegar was suppose to be a natural fabric softener and also was suppose to help remove the detergent from the towels. It worked OK, the towels felt a little stiff afterwards so that process was short lived for me.

For the past couple years I've been useing Chemical Guys microfiber wash. 2-3 caps for a small load and 3-4 caps for a large. A 16oz bottle that I bought on sale for like $4.99 has lasted me close to two years and it works great. Very satisfied with there product. You don't need a gallon unless your a professional detailer.

Here's a video..

Old 04-11-2015, 10:29 AM
^^^ yup or that works to! Nice post!

Old 04-11-2015, 12:00 PM
Interesting. If I do try a MF wash it will be Towel Kleen or Micro-Restore as they are MUCH cheaper and in many cases have better reviews than the pricey MF washes.

I find it a bit comical that many of the reviews I have read on these MF washes (specifically the ones that ACTUALLY compare MF washes to regular detergent - free of scents and fabric softener) tend to admit that the MF wash was not as good or not any better than regular detergent with a vinegar rinse.

Last edited by CC268; 04-11-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: "Special" Microfiber Detergent - Worth it or Bullcrap?