Removing Scratches/Desert Pin-stripping

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Scratches/Desert Pin-stripping

Well I took my truck through some snow/minor off-roading and had to go through so pine tree branches. It scratched up my truck a decent amount...lets just say I won't be doing that again. My truck was filthy from being up here in the snow, unfortunately it is inevitable in a snowy environment. Anyways, I applied some Meguire's Cleaner Wax and most the scratches are completely gone, and there are just a few minor ones left.

I am just looking for some feature guidance on how to get rid of minor scratches and pinstripping. Unfortunately I have to hand wax, thinking of picking up a Griot's some day, but for now doing it by hand is all I have to work with.

Thanks.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As a general rule, you'll generally be able to remove any scratch that you cannot feel with your fingernail - although that's not always 100% true. That said, to remove most scratches, some type of machine will really make life a lot easier for you. And it will significantly improve the results too. A Griots or Porter-Cable might be a good investment for you if you like doing detail work. And one might pay for itself in just one use if it removes all of the scratches you have now.

As for how to remove scratches, I could go on for hours, but one of my recent posts here gives some pretty decent detail and a link in that thread will take you to a site where I have tons of detail. Look up my recent post on experimenting with a 2000 Ford F-350. Then, get back to us with any questions you might have.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2stroked
As a general rule, you'll generally be able to remove any scratch that you cannot feel with your fingernail - although that's not always 100% true. That said, to remove most scratches, some type of machine will really make life a lot easier for you. And it will significantly improve the results too. A Griots or Porter-Cable might be a good investment for you if you like doing detail work. And one might pay for itself in just one use if it removes all of the scratches you have now.

As for how to remove scratches, I could go on for hours, but one of my recent posts here gives some pretty decent detail and a link in that thread will take you to a site where I have tons of detail. Look up my recent post on experimenting with a 2000 Ford F-350. Then, get back to us with any questions you might have.
Yea I need to get a Griots. I used some scratch x and that worked really well along with some wax. Truck looks brand new again, but I definitely won't be going through trees again. Thankfully I was able to get rid of them all this time.

Quick Reply: Removing Scratches/Desert Pin-stripping