West Coast Customs

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
West Coast Customs

Just wondering if anybody has used these products? I am mostly a Meg's fan but always on the look out for new products. Any info would be awesome. Thanks ya'll.

TEX

Old 06-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Never heard of it or used the products, but my guess is they suck.Seems they are trying to sell product based on name, not merit.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Yeah bout where i was at in my thought process as well.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you have ever seen their TV show or been to their shop, well, I would personally stay away fromanything that is associated with them.

here's what I have used/done for 30+ years on clearcoats laytex (yes, enamels even in the 80's), urathanes, enamels & lacquers...

The absolute best ($ for $) IMHO is "Satin Cream" (for dark colors), it is made by BAF & distributed through Pro Car Care products. It is very easy to work with either by hand, orbital or buffer. It has the same acrylic hardener as the high dollar paint sealants but it has 30% German imported carnauba....no, your arm will not fall off putting it on or taking it off & it has a very mild polish in it as well. Even parking the vehicle outside, the MFG gives a 6 months warranty before another application is required. I use this personally on my toys & daily drivers (which include a 1997 black Cougar sport) and all I can tell you are not even bugs like to stick to the paint- most of the time when water is applied they just float off- bird poop is just as easy. No smeary look either- very clean clear deep look. On my toys, I give them a fresh coat about every 2 years (literally, even for a show), my daily drivers (I have one that sits outside), I apply to the entire vehicle every 6 months, and do the hood, roof and trunk every 3 months (probably overkill, but I know it is well protected from the elements including industrial fallout)
BAF Industries 1910 S. Yale Street Santa Ana, CA 92704 800-437-9893

An excellent alternate product is 3M Perfect It Show Car Liquid Wax- a silicone wax/polish but excellent results as well, just maybe about 90% of the quality of the satin

For specific swirl mark issues I use BAF/Pro Car Care Beauty Products P21 Swirl Eliminator & Polish- although for 30 years I used 3M products specifically, recently I have not been as pleased with the quality of 3M’s hand glaze. I typically do not like "combination" type products but P21 is very, very impressive & effective from end result, ease of use & overall effectiveness.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by beechkid
If you have ever seen their TV show or been to their shop, well, I would personally stay away fromanything that is associated with them.

here's what I have used/done for 30+ years on clearcoats laytex (yes, enamels even in the 80's), urathanes, enamels & lacquers...

The absolute best ($ for $) IMHO is "Satin Cream" (for dark colors), it is made by BAF & distributed through Pro Car Care products. It is very easy to work with either by hand, orbital or buffer. It has the same acrylic hardener as the high dollar paint sealants but it has 30% German imported carnauba....no, your arm will not fall off putting it on or taking it off & it has a very mild polish in it as well. Even parking the vehicle outside, the MFG gives a 6 months warranty before another application is required. I use this personally on my toys & daily drivers (which include a 1997 black Cougar sport) and all I can tell you are not even bugs like to stick to the paint- most of the time when water is applied they just float off- bird poop is just as easy. No smeary look either- very clean clear deep look. On my toys, I give them a fresh coat about every 2 years (literally, even for a show), my daily drivers (I have one that sits outside), I apply to the entire vehicle every 6 months, and do the hood, roof and trunk every 3 months (probably overkill, but I know it is well protected from the elements including industrial fallout)
BAF Industries 1910 S. Yale Street Santa Ana, CA 92704 800-437-9893

An excellent alternate product is 3M Perfect It Show Car Liquid Wax- a silicone wax/polish but excellent results as well, just maybe about 90% of the quality of the satin

For specific swirl mark issues I use BAF/Pro Car Care Beauty Products P21 Swirl Eliminator & Polish- although for 30 years I used 3M products specifically, recently I have not been as pleased with the quality of 3M’s hand glaze. I typically do not like "combination" type products but P21 is very, very impressive & effective from end result, ease of use & overall effectiveness.

Captain cut and paste is back again .. WOO HOO

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-opticoat.html

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...ish-wax-3.html

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...l#post10911479

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...care-products/

That last one is a good read. not only does it have the cut and paste crap from above, but it also talks about how a cloth diaper is a great tool for washing, and then it also has the obligitory clay bar post.

Quick Reply: West Coast Customs