detailing kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
detailing kit

Looking to buy a detailing kit with a buffer. looking for something for a beginner detailer that will have mostly everything i need and provide great shine and protection to my truck and car. Thanks

was looking at griots grarge and adams kits. also willing to look elsewhere. looking for good quality with best price

Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Griots is the best bang for your $$$$$. Get the Meguiars Microfiber kit with it.

Jim

Old 03-25-2012, 10:55 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
In my opinion, this is the best kit for a beginner:

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.ne...ction-kit.html

You will also need the proper stuff to go along with it - car wash soap, buckets, grit guards, wash mitts, microfiber towels, clay bar kit, etc.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
In my opinion, this is the best kit for a beginner:

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.ne...ction-kit.html

You will also need the proper stuff to go along with it - car wash soap, buckets, grit guards, wash mitts, microfiber towels, clay bar kit, etc.
For a novice with some up to moderate defects, this kit will serve you well.

The MF kit will make you feel like a "paint god" with ~ 10 min of reading and watching a video if you have never done paint correction before.

ADS included a useful LSP in the kit with the M21. This is the short fall of the MF kit that ADS fixed ( with the included pad for it ).

The brush will work ,but if you can get a compressor for MF pad cleaning between sections, this will work best. Any small compressor with an air nozzle will work ( trim nailer, etc ).
Just keep the OPM on the DA low ( speed 1 or 2 ) so you don't fling the MF pad off if you run the DA when blowing it off.
I have accidentally left the speed at 6 on my Flex on when I went to clean a MF pad after using on the 2nd section ( it was new and just primed ).
When it took off into the air, my heart dropped, and then I got real mad at myself. ROI on that MF pad was for crap, into the trash, get another new one out. Don't be like me !!

Old 03-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Is the stuff that comes with gg kit good polish sealant ext ....

Old 03-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Just got the griots machine and some adams polishes this weekend. Its my first DA polisher and I'm incredibly happy with the results

Quick Reply: detailing kit