Cabin Airfilter????

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cabin Airfilter????

Was looking at the AMSOIL website they listed a cabin airfilter for the 2000 F150. does the truck have one? Where is it?

I'll have to check the manual when I get home.

------------------
2000 HD F150

Old 06-20-2001, 09:28 AM
Thumbs up

The Cabin Air Filtration system is a dealer (or user) installable option. The kit runs about $60 which includes a metal template for cutting out a hole (which is already scored at the factory) by the blower assembly, a mounting bracket and cover, hardware, and a filter.

It is certainly something that you can install yourself, but be prepared to spend about an hour laying on your back under the passenger side of the dash. In my opinion it's well worth the money, especially if you drive in dusty conditions at all. I've got a camp in the Tug Hill and there are hundreds of miles of dirt roads (asphalt is a luxury item up there). On those hot, dry summer days a passing car can stir up a huge dust cloud so it's great to be able to roll the windows up, and crank the AC without blowing dust in your face!

------------------
My New Baby: 2001 F-150 XLT Sport 4x4. 5.4L, S/C, S/S, Bright Red, Dark Graphite Int., 3.55, Class III Tow/Heavy Duty Cooling, 4 wheel disc ABS, Overhead Console, Factory In-Dash CD, Remote Keyless Entry.

Mods: Westin Nerf Bars, Ziebart Rust Protection, Ford Bug Deflector, Ventvisors, Cabin Air Filtration

Future Mods: Superchip, Air Force 1, Spray-in Bedliner, and Retrax.

2000 Polaris Sportsman 500, Camo Green, 4x4, 499cc 4-stroke, independent suspension, shaft drive, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc.

Old 06-20-2001, 10:19 AM
Question for Y2K Offroad... where did you get your truck zibarted? I live close to your area and just picked up a 2001 F-150 myself. Was the stuff petro based or wax? Total coverage or just frame?
Approximate cost? If you don't mind me asking? Were you satisfied with the application? We line in cental NY so we both know what road salt can do to these vehicles
and I an interested in protecting my investment( baby) .

Old 06-21-2001, 10:19 AM
I am pleased with the Ziebart so far, I had both the rustproofing and the undercoating done. They are 2 different things apparently although the do the same function.

Both coatings are petrol based, and the undercoating doesn't stick very well to the frame cause Ford puts their own wax based coating on it, but it sticks well to everything else. Overall I'm very pleased with it, although they did miss a couple spots which I noticed while I was under the truck putting my Westins on the other day, but that's a matter of taking it back for touch up when I get the time.

I must say that I like the look of it a lot! My wheelwells were not painted very good and looked more white then red. The undercoating is jet black in color and makes the wheelwells look awesome against the red paint! They also did a great job coating the rear axle which now has a nice jet black appearance that will hopefully beat the rust color the axle on my 2000 had after 1 CNY winter!

My only major complaints were the overspray and the smell. There were trace amounts of overspray all over which wasn't a big deal as your average bug and tar remover works well to remove it. I would wait a couple days before worrying about overspray as you might get a little oozing of the excess. Oozing is good as it means that they were liberal in applying the coatings. The smell dissapates within a week, depending on how often you leave your windows down.

It's a little pricey, although if you go through your dealer you might be able to get a break. I chose to do deal with Ziebart as going through the dealer would have meant being without the truck for at least a night. It takes about 4-6 hours to do the application which includes a complete undercarriage powerwash and dry time. I paid $399 for my package and kinda wish I sprung the extra $100 for the sound dampening coatings for reducing road noise.

I got mine done at the Ziebart shop on Spencer St., Syracuse. Their number is 471-3003 ask for Ken, he's the GM who also is an avid Chevy Z-71 fan. I'm sure I've given you far more info than you were looking for, if I've left anything out let me know.

------------------
My New Baby: 2001 F-150 XLT Sport 4x4. 5.4L, S/C, S/S, Bright Red, Dark Graphite Int., 3.55, Class III Tow/Heavy Duty Cooling, 4 wheel disc ABS, Overhead Console, Factory In-Dash CD, Remote Keyless Entry.

Mods: Westin Nerf Bars, Ziebart Rust Protection, Ford Bug Deflector, Ventvisors, Cabin Air Filtration

Future Mods: Superchip, Air Force 1, Spray-in Bedliner, and Retrax.

2000 Polaris Sportsman 500, Camo Green, 4x4, 499cc 4-stroke, independent suspension, shaft drive, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc.

Quick Reply: Cabin Airfilter????