Rock Knicks ???????

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2001, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rock Knicks ???????

I noticed today that the Lawn Service I use must have mod.'s on their weedeaters, because one of them threw rocks all over the side of my truck. I have about 10 to 12 small knicks on the drivers side front and rear doors. None of these are very deep but you can easily see them because the majority of them took the paint off.(My truck color is Chestnut) I need suggestions on what to do to take care of these? Does the factory touch up paint do a good job or is there a better alternative? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-07-2001, 01:56 AM
I've had a number of small chips in my paint from rocks and used the Dupont Dupli-Color. It works well but at certain agles you can tell it's been touched up.

Also, Dupli-Color is not yet available for 2001 models so you would have to try http://www.paintscratch.com/ or your dealer, and its expensive.

What I would do, for the best results, is get a written estimate from a dealer's body shop and bring it to the Lawn Service manager. A reputable Co will have insurance for this. If they are not sympathetic or say they are not responsible , you can contact the Better Business Buruea http://www.bbb.com (Let them know are going to also). If they are a member, they'll be concerned. You could also contact city hall and they'll make a note of this for other residence looking for lawn service in your city.

Like I said though; they should have insurance and it won't be an issue if your truck is in good condition otherwise.

-Adam

Last edited by AjRagno; 07-07-2001 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-07-2001, 06:35 PM
I appreciate your reply. I don't think I will have a problem with the lawn service, my concern is the best way to fix the damage. I have had doors, fenders etc. painted in the past by dealerships, and it seems they can never match it, or you can really tell it has been repainted. I really was looking for another method like touch up paint etc. Thanks for the web site, I will keep checking with them to see when they have it for 2001. I was also wondering if a detail shop might be able to do something with it?

Quick Reply: Rock Knicks ???????