Has anyone turned a lease in early?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Has anyone turned a lease in early?

I was wondering if anyone has turned a leased truck in early, and what do you have to do? I lease a 2000 Expedition and have a year left on the lease, and wanted to lease a Supercrew instead, can it be done or do you get hit with extra charges.

Old 05-13-2001, 11:34 PM
you can take it in might be a wear care charge but most likey there drop it if you lease anthor ford my brother turn his in a year earlier and was charge for mileage that he was over the 24 k good luck

Old 05-13-2001, 11:40 PM
Turned in a Ford Explorer with approx 1 yr & 9 mo to go on a 3 yr lease. Cost me $3140 to get out of the lease. They said they took book value at the time of turn in to come up with this figure. Complained, but wanted to BUY yhr HD Ford. Good Luck!!

------------------
KEITH
2000 HD-FORD
HOLLEY THUNDER SUPERCHARGER
JBA HEADERS
BELLTECH LOWERING KIT
1999 ULTRA CLASSIC HD

Old 05-14-2001, 07:39 AM
I just ended a lease on a 2000 ranger 2 years early, you have to go to the original dealer. If you call ford they will give you a balance on the lease on the phone, then see how much the dealer will give you and you pay the difference. I did ok the balance was 17800 and they gave me 16500 so I only lost 1300.When you call on the phone ford will automatically send you paperwork on how to do it , and it specifies original dealer.Also I paid no early termination fee. Good Luck

Old 05-14-2001, 09:35 AM
Talking

F150STANG, I might be able to offer some assistance here. I have been in your position before, and it can be done depending on how willing your dealer is to work with you.

Last year I literally outgrew my 1999 4.2L V6, shortbox. I found myself with the need to haul a larger payload (new, larger ATV. I called up my original salesman and arranged a meeting. Since the vehicle I was going into was several thousand more than my current vehicle I was allowed out of my lease owing nothing, and in fact getting a $500 rebate from Ford Credit for taking out a new lease.

Your dealer may be more willing to work with you depending on how you finance (Buy or Lease) and who you do it through (Ford Credit or your own lender). The more money the dealer makes on the sale, the more he can eat if the value of your vehicle is lower than the balance on your account.

Good luck!

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT *LEMON*.

Lemon: Rail Dust, Wrong Radiator, Defective Transfer Case, Oil Leak by Torque Convertor, Intermittant Air Bag MIL, Popping Rear Window, Clunking/Creaking RF Wheel, Dealer-Installed Bug Shield Damaged Grill, and Squeaky Seat Belt.

Ford is giving me a run-around trying to fix ths truck!!!

Truck: Reg Cab/Long Box, Styleside, Oxford White, Dark Graphite Int., 4x4, 4.6L, 3.55 L/S, Off-Road pkg (Skid Plates, Cab Steps, Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers, LT265/70R17SL), Class III Towing pkg with Heavy Duty Cooling pkg, 4 wheel disk ABS, Overhead Console, Factory In-Dash CD, Remote Keyless Entry, and Sliding Rear Window.

Mods: Superchip, Cabin Air Filtration, Ventvisors, Ford Bug Deflector, Ford Bedliner.

2000 Polaris Sportsman 500, Camo Green, 4x4, 499cc 4-stroke, independent suspension, shaft drive, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc.

Quick Reply: Has anyone turned a lease in early?