Need touch up paint advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need touch up paint advice

I have a small area near the right rear corner of the bed that has some surface rust popping through that I need to deal with. Since I do not have any spray paint equipment this is going to be a touch up paint job that hopefully I can buff out good enough so that it won't look too much like it came out of a can. I know it's not going to be perfect but considering the area to be painted this is the best option for me short of taking it to a body shop.

My 98-F150 has the Lt Prairie Tan Metallic Clearcoat on the bottom and the area I need to work on is about 3" x 12". I have searched online for the spray paint and need some advice on what paint to buy since there are a lot of different manufacturers of this color. Anyone have any experience with this? Preferred online stores?
Thanks,

Ron

Old 10-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
www.expresspaint.com

www.automotivetouchup.com

These are two that are popular......Duplicolor may have what you need too.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spray cans are definitely the way to go in this case. The little brush bottles won't cut it for something 3x12

I bought spray cans from TouchUpPaintOnline.com to repaint the fender after the truck was vandalized on Mischief Night, which is coming up again in less than a month The paint matched really well and I was surprised how good of a job I was able to do with a spray can

Quick Reply: Need touch up paint advice