stained paint

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2000, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question stained paint

I have a White 1996 F150 that has become stained and discolored around the outside doorhandle. This is due to greasy grimy hands, and a lack waxing. However, I am now ready to make up for the neglect, and can't remove the stain. I have tried soap and water, car wash gel and water, bug and tar remover, and lots of elbow grease. It has not budged! Are there any product suggestions that y'all can make. I would like to mend my ways and make it up to my truck. Thanks for your ideas, -- Martin

Old 11-06-2000, 09:25 PM
Thumbs up

MWKELLNER, Hey have you tried a clay bar, you can buy them at any major store, like meijers or target, not sure if they have them at automotive stores or not. They take out all the impurities of your truck, it even removes any oxidation. I would recomend it to anyone let me know what happens. They only cost around 20.00 or so. Hope it works well. Jason

Old 11-06-2000, 09:25 PM
Thumbs up

MWKELLNER, Hey have you tried a clay bar, you can buy them at any major store, like meijers or target, not sure if they have them at automotive stores or not. They take out all the impurities of your truck, it even removes any oxidation. I would recomend it to anyone let me know what happens. They only cost around 20.00 or so. Hope it works well. Jason

------------------
97 f150 4x4 flareside,4.2 V6, K&N,computer chip,keyless entry,remote starter, straight pipe cat back,with one glass pack, 2 4"stainless tips.,tinted windows

Old 11-07-2000, 10:30 AM
The clay bar should remove any fallout from the air and accidental oversprays. However, to remove stains you might want to try some MILD polish like a 3M polish or a Meguiar's #9 Swirl Remover. The clay bar will be most beneficial on the top facing surfaces (roof & hood) but use it all over, then polish the whole thing, then wax. Just follow the instructions carefully for all the products and you should be ok, you'll be tired but you'll have a shiny truck.

------------------
1999 Lariat Super Cab, S.B. 5.4L, 3.55 LS
and everything but the leaky slider window.
Bright red w/ gold 2-tone, Leather Captain's Chairs
Mods: Duraliner bedliner, Bugflector II, Hide-a-hooks.
& a leeetle chrome tip on the exhaust.

Old 11-07-2000, 11:55 AM
Yes, I agree with all...clay is the way to go. you may want to do your entire truck. It makes the finish smoother than new. ***Make sure to use constant water supply or you risk damaging paint permanently.

------------------
2000 Ford F-150 Super Cab Flareside 4x4 Lariat Black/Silver, 5.4L, 3.55LS, Off-Road, Class III, Installed accessories included so far are: Lund X-Terminator bug shield, Vent Shade Vent Visors, GTS headlight blackouts, Westin Black nerf bars, more to come soon... visit http://www.bmgsite.com and http://www.isurfwebdesign.com and http://www.bmgsite.com/truck for truck pics.

Quick Reply: stained paint