2010 Black F150 with Lime WaterSpots

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Black F150 with Lime WaterSpots

Customer/Friend ran through some drill mud where they were boring under the road and hit lime in the subgrade. It was very heavy on the hood and passenger front qtr panel and door.

Please note this isn't a full detail (I did polish the entire truck but it didn't all need to be corrected)...not enough time from customer...(Friend) but we needed to get this lime and crap off the paint. It was really bad.

I had seen the truck last week and did a test section...tried PP with white lake, and SSR2 with white lake and it didn't do it. I could use have tried SSR3 but was short on time and I knew he needed less steps due to time. If this was my truck I would have wet sanded the hood and front right QTR panel and right Door.

I get another crack at this truck when he can give me more time and I will probably use SIP and then burnish....then LSP. This is the best looking Black Paint Color from Ford, I have no idea what the official color is but has beautiful metalic black with lots of great color. (Its an FX4)

Prcoess was:
Wash, 2 bucket with Optimum Soap and Gilmore foam gun
Clay with, Purple Clay, MegsBlue and PB Clay
ISP 50/50 Wipe down
Test area: M205 on White lake...did ok on areas that didn't need much correction and cleaning
SIP on Black Megs Finish pad...didn't cut enough, probably should have tried a white lake pad but didn't have time.
Ended up doing M105 wiht PFW pad on the Hood and Front Right Fender
The rest of the Truck was hit with M205 and a White lake pade
LSP was Opti-Seal
And one final M34 wipe down.

A few befores

After

After Door

A slight shameless

Old 06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
looks great like usual, i totally agree on the paint color i saw one yesterday and its like a charcoal black and it had like silverish flakes in the paint. Looked very nice

Old 06-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love that color... My truck has that kind of looking stuff on my hood... Any simpler way of removing it?

Old 06-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Great Save RR!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Customer/Friend ran through some drill mud where they were boring under the road and hit lime in the subgrade. It was very heavy on the hood and passenger front qtr panel and door.
ok ill ask it...... what the heck was he doing to get that gunk all over like that???? did he drive like 50mph through the puddle or did the drill teck just be a d@#$ and throw a bucket of the stuff on the truck? other than that it looks like you pretty much got rid of it all.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Halverso_99
Love that color... My truck has that kind of looking stuff on my hood... Any simpler way of removing it?
well there are many ways to skin a cat but my plan was least aggressive first...if this was my truck I would would have gone a tade more aggressive or wetsanded the section. Customer/Friend didn't want me to go crazy, which in reality was only a tad more than I was doing.

papajohn
Quote:
ok ill ask it...... what the heck was he doing to get that gunk all over like that???? did he drive like 50mph through the puddle or did the drill teck just be a d@#$ and throw a bucket of the stuff on the truck? other than that it looks like you pretty much got rid of it all.
Yeah the speed limit was 55 on the road they were on and the drill mud/lime was about 2" deep accross the road...then he didnt bother to wash it off for about 3 days. He learned a lesson that deal for sure.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Nice job
I bought the exterior/interior protection. First vehicle i ever bought this for so i was a little aprehensive. Worth every penny, plus IF I cant get it out comes with 5 yr warranty. They will replace interior or re paint exterior if need be.

Quick Reply: 2010 Black F150 with Lime WaterSpots