Perma Plate Protection

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2000, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Perma Plate Protection

I just took delivery on my 2000 F150..Sport Package...it was worth the wait. The dealer was pushing the Perma Plate System including "paintguard" and "fiberguard". I was dreaming of "Zaino" and polishing this beauty, but the salesman says you don't wax with "paintguard". I was wondering if anyone has heard of Perma Plate. I can buy lots of Zaino and Scotchguard for $495.

Old 01-22-2000, 11:19 PM
Silver Sport:
Congratulations on your new Sport and welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll love both. You are headed in the right direction in thinking Zaino. Don't know about Ford's latest protection packages, but in the past they were pure profit to the dealers and a ripoff to the customer. My guess is that things havent't changed. I Zaino'd mine the same weekend I bought it and don't regret it a bit. The truck looks like a million bucks. I'd reccomend saving your money for all those mods you're planning, right? But you were already thinking along those lines any way I'm sure.......

------------------
2000 XLT Black Sport, Flareside, 2WD, Ext. Cab, 5.4L Auto. Other factory options: 3.55 LS, Class III tow, 6-way Captains chairs w/CD changer, Remote entry , and Slider window.
Mods: Undercoat, window tint, headlight & tail light covers, removed "Sport" decals, upgraded Triton tailgate emblem, Linex spray-in bedliner, and an ARE LSII lid.
Wish list: Flowmaster duals, K&N FIPK, and a Belltech 3/4 drop.
Check it out at: http://home.columbus.rr.com/selva1/

Old 01-23-2000, 03:32 PM
I've heard from an auto detail shop that perma-plate has a decent product for interior and exterior care, but not any better than much cheaper options. Also, if you read the fine print, you will see that the perma plate has to be reapplied every six months for the guarantee to apply.

I had the perma-plate package put on a used Ranger I bought from a Toyota dealer. They were pushing it really hard for $350, and I was able to get them to knock off $100 right away. I took it cause they really raved about how good it was, and I had negotiated them way down on the price of the truck. I've bought two vehicles since and said no to the PP each time. $495 sounds way overpriced.

------------------
1999 XLT S/C, 4.2 V-6, auto, 3.55 rear, dark torreador red/harvest gold, bed liner, Sony 10 disc CD, Edelbrock IAS, K&N filter, Superchip

Old 01-24-2000, 08:36 PM
Dirtbikedave is right. the reason YOU don't have to wax is because the dealer has to do it. There is no product on the market that protects the paint forever.
I would also agree with Selva, Zaino is an excellent product although a bit of a lenghty and expensive process; butif you're a fanatic that's the stuff to get.
Otherwise other name brand products are easier to use and give a great finish.

------------------
1999 Lariat Super Cab, S.B. 5.4L, 3.55 LS
and everything but the leaky slider window.
Bright red w/ gold 2-tone, Leather Captain's Chairs
Mods: Duraliner bedliner, Bugflector II, Hide-a-hooks.
& a leeetle chrome tip on the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Perma Plate Protection