Bright orange paint!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bright orange paint!!!

HELP!!!
Ok, I've searched this and searched this but I'm still coming up empty, last night I heard a bunch of people outside just walking up and down the street, I wake up this morning I see BRIGHT FREAKING ORANGE paintball paint all over my truck(granted it's an 04 but it's still my baby) and it's dry, and to make matters I can see where the little bastards tried to smear it across the drivers side. Is there anything out there that will take this off without ruining my paint?

Old 04-21-2010, 11:06 PM
if it was paint ***** it should just wash off with soap and water

Old 04-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Provided your truck already had a coat of wax on it, it should buff off. I've used regular old Meguiars Paint Cleaner to get stuff like that off. Nothing as extreme as what you have, but overspray from house painter next door and drove through some paint on the highway once.

Isn't paintball paint water based? You might start with soap and water or maybe Simple Green.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try soap and warm water.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:42 PM
its water based it should just come off with water but i would check for small dents underneath. depending on the gun i can easily see them leavin little dents.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:35 AM
water seemed to smear it around so my neighbor gave me some bug and tar remover(samething happened to him, he said it smeared and left a sticky film on the paint), bug and tar remover worked but I do have about 8-10 dents on the drivers side rear door alone, I got frustrated and stopped counting.

Quick Reply: Bright orange paint!!!