Hood Repair and Repaint?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hood Repair and Repaint?

Hey guys.. I bought this up awhile back, but here it is again. I have/had a couple small dings on my hood from awhile back. They aren't overly noticeable from a distance, but I know they're there, so that's all that matters.. lol

There was one ding that I decided to "repair" myself awhile back, and it's held me over until now. So I'm thinking I want to go ahead and get the whole thing fixed professionally.

I took the truck to the Ford dealership earlier, and got an estimate for $291.94. That sounds pretty fair.. compared to others.. I took it to a body shop across the street and they quoted me $436.62, and just for kicks I took it to the Chevy dealership and they quoted me $512.37.

All that needs to be done is a small amount of repair and repaint the top, and each of the places quoted me for the same work.. just different prices and hours for labor and paint.

So what do yall guys think? $291.94 sounds good enough to me.. and I'll take it in this weekend for that price.. but I'm curious if I have to worry about them changing the price on me afterwards, can they really do that nowadays? lol.. Should I have anything to worry about the black PTM? The trucks only 18 months old, and I think the rest of the truck is still in fairly decent condition.. what do you guys think?

btw.. he's some pics of the initial damage vs what it looks like now with my cheapo repair job..

NOW

BEFORE

Old 09-17-2009, 11:40 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Go with whoever will use the least Bondo and the most actual metalworking.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah it'll be a complete respray and clear after the initial work--not just a touch up job. The Ford dealership price sounds very reasonable to me.

When I had the truck in for some body work I asked them how much it would cost me to get my tailgate resprayed while it was in there (had a terrible scratch in it). They said since they had the paint already matched and ready it would only be $250.

Seeing as how yours will require a little bit of work before the paint/clear, and the fact that they will have to match the paint....I'd be all over that.

Just my $0.02...

Old 09-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a pretty fair price to me.

Quick Reply: Hood Repair and Repaint?