Help With a Cleaner Wax

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help With a Cleaner Wax

Hi I have a White Supercrew and I have noticed the last few times I washed it that is looks clean from more than a few feet but you can see dirt or darker colors of white but feels clean to the touch. I am no auto detailer but I do have a buddy who says to go buy a combo cleaner wax and hit it with that and it should be good as new. Any truth to this? What detailers recommend I use or do? Hand buff or do I use an electric buffer?

Thanks Fellas

Old 09-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Without pictures it's hard to tell what you are describing. A cleaner/wax is basically a mild polish and wax all in one. It can be applied via machine or by hand. As mentioned, it's very mild so you could buy a bottle for under $10 and try it.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Like was mentioned, without some level of 'seeing it', it's a hard call. A general cleaner wax will deal with a lot of minor problems but will typically fall short of removing more serious problems like medium to heavy oxidation, general staining, and other 'tougher' problems.

It may end up taking a dedicated step (or two or three) to remove what you've described but, that'd be more of a 'worst case' scenario. As tcope mentioned, buying a bottle of a decent cleaner wax isn't very expensive and may be a good option to try before you start going down a more intensive road to correction (i.e.: machine polishing and/or compounding).

A good product to begin with would be Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. Burgandy bottle and available at most 'mart' stores (like Wally World). If it doesn't work, it can always be utilized for ongoing protection as it'll help to correct other minor problems and also provide a decent level of protection -- that is, once you get the other problem corrected.

-RP-

Old 09-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks Guys ill Give it a Shot to see what happens

Quick Reply: Help With a Cleaner Wax