PB & Clearcoats...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 04:33 PM
BPJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PB & Clearcoats...

Using the PB Products, is all of there stuff safe on Clearcoats, it says it is, but has anybody had any problems? Just don't want the Compound to eat my Clearcoat away this is what i'll be using in order. Any responses with the Clearcoat with be appreciated...

Wash with Meg's Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner,
Clay
PB 2.5, 1
PB White Diamond Show
PB Sealant
Poorboy's World Natty’s Paste Wax

Old 08-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Those products are fine. When you polish and compound your vehicle you are in fact removing a minute amount of clearcoat. It's the only way to remove defects. What are you using, or is it by hand?

Old 08-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Two thoughts. First, remember pad, pressure and speed (RPMs) have as much to do with paint removal as product. For instance if you use even SSR 1 with a high speed, an aggressive pad and / or lots of pressure, you're going to take more paint off.

On a related note, if your finish isn't in that bad of shape, I'd suggest starting with the new SSR 1 on a white LC pad. The SSR 2.5 is great stuff, but removes more paint, so start out with a less aggressive product / pad combo first and you might find that you have enough - but not too much - correction ability.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:51 AM
I agree with this^^^^^^^
Use the least aggressive product you can. I use SSR1 on 90% of the cars and paint I correct. It can remove any swirl that I have come across. It only runs into issues when it comes to scratches and deeper marks.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Poorboys will definitly be safe.
How is the condition of your paint, do you have a lot of swirls, scratches, or hazing?