Turtle Wax Black Box

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turtle Wax Black Box

Just picked this up today from one of the local automotive stores. Wondering if anyone here has given it a go and what they think of the results?

I was about to tackle the project today after giving the truck a good vacuum and run through the local wash. But after getting halfway done with my windows... it started to rain again. It's been raining for about 3 weeks, and next week doesn't look too promising either.

But yeah, if you've given it ago, lemme know what you think. And any little tips and tricks would be awesome too

Old 06-27-2009, 06:57 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Old 06-27-2009, 08:00 PM
My bad. Thanks though.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:12 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
This rain is aweful, I hate this

Old 06-28-2009, 06:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hopefully you kept the reciept and didn't open the package yet.If possible return it and get your $$ back.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
This rain is awful, I hate this
It's seriously getting ridiculous. I didn't even get to finish doing my windows yesterday, and it friggen starts raining. And it's apparently supposed to be raining all week through the weekend again this week.

And good to see another MA local

Originally Posted by NASSTY
Hopefully you kept the reciept and didn't open the package yet.If possible return it and get your $$ back.
I've read a lot of mixed reviews. Some people love it, and some people hate it. So I think I may give it a go and see for myself. Plus I already opened the box figuring I would be using it, haha.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:12 AM

Dude, here's what I've seen. I have used Turtle wax Ice and own it. Now I am very picky about how my truck looks but not to the "OCD" extent that some of the people on here. I don't have that kind of time and money right now, but my truck always looks and is immaculate. I started off with Ice, and it works well. I recommend using it and then within 1 month using it again to seal it up to gain a little more protection. Are there better products, heck yes, but I do not have hundreds of dollars to get them. However, what I do use now is Mothers step 1 paste, step 2 liquid, and meg's step 3 (however soon I will be replacing step 3 for Meg's NXT to use as my LSP). I like it better and I think the protection is superior to the Turtle Wax Ice. And all three steps are only a few dollars more than the one thing of Ice. I suggest to curb your curiosity, try it. That's the only way to learn and I encourage that. I do believe that as you experiement with various products you willl find ones that you like better and utilize them in a way that gives you great results. Now, I use Ice for my mirrors and trim as it can be applied to plastic with no white residue, which I think is one of the best features of it, and I will continue to use it for that. One note of advice though, NO ONE get The liquid claybar. I bought it to use on my truck when I frst got it, I scrubbed and it worked, but no where near as well as the Mother's Claybar I now use. Best of Luck and hope that helps any

Old 06-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Dude, here's what I've seen. I have used Turtle wax Ice and own it. Now I am very picky about how my truck looks but not to the "OCD" extent that some of the people on here. I don't have that kind of time and money right now, but my truck always looks and is immaculate. I started off with Ice, and it works well. I recommend using it and then within 1 month using it again to seal it up to gain a little more protection. Are there better products, heck yes, but I do not have hundreds of dollars to get them. However, what I do use now is Mothers step 1 paste, step 2 liquid, and meg's step 3 (however soon I will be replacing step 3 for Meg's NXT to use as my LSP). I like it better and I think the protection is superior to the Turtle Wax Ice. And all three steps are only a few dollars more than the one thing of Ice. I suggest to curb your curiosity, try it. That's the only way to learn and I encourage that. I do believe that as you experiement with various products you willl find ones that you like better and utilize them in a way that gives you great results. Now, I use Ice for my mirrors and trim as it can be applied to plastic with no white residue, which I think is one of the best features of it, and I will continue to use it for that. One note of advice though, NO ONE get The liquid claybar. I bought it to use on my truck when I frst got it, I scrubbed and it worked, but no where near as well as the Mother's Claybar I now use. Best of Luck and hope that helps any
Yeah I'm not the OCD type either, but I like my truck to look good. My old truck always looked like ***** cuz I never took the time to clean it. Now that I got my new truck I want it to look as good as it can, while being reasonable. I plan on getting it detailed in the near future to get some of the swirls and streaks in the paint, and also to get a deep clean to the interior. But I figured I'd give this Black Box a go and see how it looked, and hopefully protect the paint a bit and keep it clean looking til I can afford to get it detailed.

And by the way, your truck looks good. Simple and clean. And you got your exhaust done by Lou's in Brockton? How'd they do? I've heard a lot of good things. I got mine done by Accurate Automotive down in Hyde Park, right down the street from where I work. Awesome job. $650 installed; all stainless pipes, 18" Magnaflow muffler, 3" slashed/rolled tips, heavy duty hangars, the whole shebang-a-bang.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:50 AM

Thanks man, I hope to keep the simple luxury look, wheels are next year, ram air hood the year after. Little things make the truck I did go to Lous they did an awesome job as well. To get all stainless it would have been 800 or so and I just figured that would be pretty expensive. I paid 550 for 14 gauge piping which they almost always use at that shop (I think they don't use stainless as much so that was probably why it was so pricey, Driver's Side was like 850 too ). I went with 4"x18" ss rolled edge tips and the 14" si/do and I love it. I bet yours sounds great too I love the magnaflows. After college I want to make this truck my toy/weekend toy so all stainless piping will probably go on there, but so far the pipes still look brand new. Good luck with the Black Box, if you take our time and do it right, it should work fine

Old 06-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks man, I hope to keep the simple luxury look, wheels are next year, ram air hood the year after. Little things make the truck I did go to Lous they did an awesome job as well. To get all stainless it would have been 800 or so and I just figured that would be pretty expensive. I paid 550 for 14 gauge piping which they almost always use at that shop (I think they don't use stainless as much so that was probably why it was so pricey, Driver's Side was like 850 too ). I went with 4"x18" ss rolled edge tips and the 14" si/do and I love it. I bet yours sounds great too I love the magnaflows. After college I want to make this truck my toy/weekend toy so all stainless piping will probably go on there, but so far the pipes still look brand new. Good luck with the Black Box, if you take our time and do it right, it should work fine
Well you're definitely on the right track for the simple luxury look. I ended up going with all stainless because I work for the town and we're out a lot in the winter, so I don't want my pipes to get eaten away by salt and whatnot. So with stainless they backed me with a lifetime warranty, so I'm stoked on that.

And I plan on using the Black Box as soon as it clears up. And I'll definitely post about how it went, and get some pics.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:07 AM

That makes sense, we get some salt, but i might spray them with engine paint to prevent corrosion (high heat) I did that to my chassis and other componets. That warranty is nice too. Definetly let us know how it comes out. I look forward to the pics... just that rain

Last edited by TruckGuy24; 06-28-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Black Box