I was wondering if anyone can compare/contrast some of the following:

Nattys (red, blue, white)
Collinite #845
Collinite #915
Collinite Fleetwax
Pinnacle Souveran
Moose Wax
P21S

Basically, I am curious as to the things you like/dislike about them-- and more importantly, if there are any that are, say, equivalent (ie: Mothers SynWax is comparable to NXT). Also, if there are any situations that you feel one would be better than another, I would be interested to hear. Obviously, I have read about all of them independantly, but have never seen anything comparing them to each other. I have used 2 of these, so I am hoping to be able to use your insight to compare to #26 and Nattys Blue.

In a separate comparison, Same for these:
EX-P
Finish Kare Synthetic Paste wax (#1000P)
etc.

And lastly, what are your thoughts on PB EX? NOTE: NOT EX-P, but EX. EX-P has no carnauba whereas EX does... Both have sealant. Has anybody used both of them or read about them?

Thanks for the input.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
I was wondering if anyone can compare/contrast some of the following:

Nattys (red, blue, white)
Collinite #845
Collinite #915
Collinite Fleetwax
Pinnacle Souveran
Moose Wax
P21S

Basically, I am curious as to the things you like/dislike about them-- and more importantly, if there are any that are, say, equivalent (ie: Mothers SynWax is comparable to NXT). Also, if there are any situations that you feel one would be better than another, I would be interested to hear. Obviously, I have read about all of them independantly, but have never seen anything comparing them to each other. I have used 2 of these, so I am hoping to be able to use your insight to compare to #26 and Nattys Blue.

In a separate comparison, Same for these:
EX-P
Finish Kare Synthetic Paste wax (#1000P)
etc.

And lastly, what are your thoughts on PB EX? NOTE: NOT EX-P, but EX. EX-P has no carnauba whereas EX does... Both have sealant. Has anybody used both of them or read about them?

Thanks for the input.

Ryan? Please.....

Old 04-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Suspended
this is a loaded question. sheesh. i would give my input, but my experience with pb is nullus. Boss might be the only one who can fully answer this question

Old 04-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by gators241987
this is a loaded question. sheesh. i would give my input, but my experience with pb is nullus. Boss might be the only one who can fully answer this question
I just don't fee like typing that much info....its not a basic question its a major question that will require lots of dialogue and based on the amount of info that could be posted here, this thread could get confusing.

Not only can Boss comment on this, so can Rock, Gip, Dan and as for myself, i can only give you about 90% coverage of the products listed and given that percentage, its my opinion based on experince with that 90% of product listed.

Last edited by RollingRock; 04-09-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I just don't fee like typing that much info....its not a basic question its a major question that will require lots of dialogue and based on the amount of info that could be posted here, this thread could get confusing.

Not only can Boss comment on this, so can Rock, Gip, Dan and as for myself, i can only give you about 90% coverage of the products listed and given that percentage, its my opinion based on experince with that 90% of product listed.
If you havent figured it out, I am trying to find substitutes for #16 and Nattys Red. Then I thought I would ask about some other synthetic waxes. Then I ran across PB EX, so I thought I woud ask...

Here is a WAY more simple version:

Somebody tell me what wax is MOST like Nattys red and what wax is most like #16. AND, has anybody used Collinite #915 and what are your thoughts?

Lastly, what's up with FleetWax? Same for P21S and Souveran.

You can snub the sealants.

I am just looking for a cheaper alternative...

Old 04-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great googley moogley, Ryan...

Old 04-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Suspended

I didnt mean that you, brad, gip, and dan couldnt comment, you each have a brand that tends to be your "go-to"; yours is PB, while RP's is Megs. From an outsiders view, it seems Boss might be the only one around here that has probably tried them all. I guess I was assuming that, if Im wrong I do apologize. I know the response to that question would have taken up quite a few pages. I myself have only tried the Megs products listed there. That had been my bias. Its hard to branch out and try other stuff when the products you use give you the desired results. Didnt mean any harm by it JP, i just figured that you achieved your desired results with PB, hence that being your main product choice. My thoughts are jumbled and probably made absolutely no sense. Damn hangovers

Old 04-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by gators241987
I didnt mean that you, brad, gip, and dan couldnt comment, you each have a brand that tends to be your "go-to"; yours is PB, while RP's is Megs. From an outsiders view, it seems Boss might be the only one around here that has probably tried them all. I guess I was assuming that, if Im wrong I do apologize. I know the response to that question would have taken up quite a few pages. I myself have only tried the Megs products listed there. That had been my bias. Its hard to branch out and try other stuff when the products you use give you the desired results. Didnt mean any harm by it JP, i just figured that you achieved your desired results with PB, hence that being your main product choice. My thoughts are jumbled and probably made absolutely no sense. Damn hangovers
you didn't offend. I haven't used 4 of the products listed...so yeah you're right, I am only around 80% not 90%.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Suspended
you didn't offend. I haven't used 4 of the products listed...so yeah you're right, I am only around 80% not 90%.
Lets see how well I know your detailing. I say you havent used, pinnacle, moose wax, fleetwax, and finish kare. I gotta be half right.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I understand what you're saying, Gators -- and I'm certainly not offended but, let me clarify a bit.

While I refer back to Meguiar's products with great frequency, it's simply because they (with certain exceptions) continually yield the results that I demand. It's as much product comfort level as it is product reliability and product knowledge. I've used each of the products that were mentioned in the OP with the exception of two... (FK1 1000P and Fleet)

It's no secret that I did help Meg's out many moons ago and I did undergo quite a bit of 'hands on' training in Irvine. Because of those factors, and many many others, it's typically the brand that I reach for 7 times out of 10.

As has already been said, there are a plethora of fantastic products out there on the market. Meguiar's, on average, makes a pretty darn good product but, they're certainly not the only game in town or on the market. While I understand Ryan's reasoning in asking such a broad and sweeping question, it's impossible for one person or another to really nail something down on all of those products because each person's opinion will vary so dramatically. Opinions are subjective.

Mike Pennington, Director of Training, made a really good point during our training -- he was quoting Mike Phillips of Meguiar's who quoted a guy from PPG Paint Company -- when I was in Irvine. It was something to the tune of 'Find something you like and use it often'. Naturally, both Mike's will readily tell you that they're not the only game in town and that they continually strive to be the best yet fail in some instances when certain products are introduced by other vendors. It's this demand -- this drive in consumerism -- that continues to yield improved products from *ALL* vendors. Keep in mind that there's not a supplier out there that doesn't 'tinker' with their proprietary formulations on occasion -- yet they don't change the name on the bottle.

Where was I going with this? I'm rambling.

Long story short, I concur with the aforementioned quote -- find something you like and use it often. It's really that simple. While we're all OCD and there are a lot of great products, one person's 'junk' is another guys 'favorite product in the whole wide world'.

-RP-

Old 04-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the measure of a “good detailer” how many products they’ve used, or what kind of results they get from the products they’re comfortable with? I’ll vote for the latter by the way.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:07 AM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
No offense to Ryan or anyone else, but in my opinion, his post seems to be taking OCD to a whole new level. Haven't we all seen pics of detail jobs here that all look great using all kinds of different products?

Different products are going to yield different results on different vehicles for different people and their individual methods, sequence, and skill of use. I honestly don't think you can definitively say that product X is superior to product Y in many cases.

I think I would agree with you, 2stroked.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 AM
To quote myself from a similar thread yesterday

I will echo Rock, Gip, Boss and Dan here....there are lots of great products out there. Knowing 1-3 lines well is the key. Understanding how they react, respond to your applications and needs and having a proper expectation level of each is the important. Results are going to vary, experimenting is part of the learning process and fun. Proper application, tools, technique come into play to get desired results.
X3 on your latter comment there 2stroked.

I am pretty happy with my results.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Suspended
I agree with what you guys are saying, but to paraphrase Boss, its 25% the product, and 75% the methods, skills, conditions, and time spent during the detail, or something to that extent.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Suspended
Glancing through some old threads, I think it was Intel, who posted a pic of a detail, everyone said wow, looks great, etc. everyone asked what he did, products, etc. he let it go on for a while, then eventually said he used dawn dish soap on it. beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Different strokes for different folks. I can detail my truck every time with the same products and there will be differences every time, microscopic to visible, it just depends. Basically, find something you like and perfect it.