Black Wow

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Wow

Ok, I am sold, that is good stuff.

Scott from Specialty Motoring sent me a sample bottle, ask me to test it out.

I wasn't sure at first, but after I just walked back out in the garage to check it, it looks fantastic.

A little goes a long way. I used with a foam brush and cut foam applicator, spread it out....then allowed to air dry for a bit, then buffed it with a MF.

It looks really, really good.

This is only my first take on the product, I will check it out again in the sun on Thursday.

My opinion on its use. You should clean up your "over wax" and tape lines prior to using.

I used on the mirror housings and bed rail caps, and rear bumper covers.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Yea its good stuff. I recommended it to the guy in this thread but no one seem interested.

http://f150online.net/forums/showthr...=320062&page=2

good video of it here http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vid...EvDT2ppqwChrQ3

Last edited by Sleestak; 02-27-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Sleestak
Yea its good stuff. I recommended it to the guy in this thread but no one seem interested.

http://f150online.net/forums/showthr...=320062&page=2

I saw your thread, figured you had it covered so I didn't respond. Scott gave me the 411 about this product and sent me the sample about a month ago, its been sitting in my product cab waiting for me. He said it was orginally developed from the Mini following etc...I know its pricey for only a 4 ounce bottle and there is a trick to apply it like most products, but let me check my work again in the sun and I will know more. I am going to tell Scott to send me a full size bottle. The longevity factor will be the real deal for me. Lets see how it reacts.

As for making a recommendation. I have seen LOTS of C&D advice grenades lately so don't take it personally. There seems to be a lot of traffic in this section as of late, which is good, but at the same time, it does require that the reader or OP kind of filter through some of the noise to get their answer.

Ok off my temporary soap box....back on topic here.

What has been your experince so far with BN?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Hmm now I'm torn on what to buy between Showroom Trim restore and Black Wow. Btw what is the best way to remove "over wax" and tape lines?

Old 02-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Meffects01
Hmm now I'm torn on what to buy between Showroom Trim restore and Black Wow. Btw what is the best way to remove "over wax" and tape lines?
Yeah, it kind of depends on the condition you are working with. If you are trying to restore that STR works well as Ticman can attest too. He has gotten great results.

As for removing over wax (residue) and tape lines you have several options.

Isopropyl Alcohol works, and certain products will too, I have used Hyperdressing to remove that, 303 Areospace, PB TR, 303 Cleaner diluted etc.

It really kind of depends on the situation and how faded and what stage you are in. Ticman will have to chime in but I did see that he said you can use STR to get the trim back if you will, then use a product like Hyperdressing to keep it looking great. However I don't know enough about Black Wow to know if has enough restoring properties in it....well....that being said, if you watch the video in the link provided by sleestake you will see them doing a pretty good restore.

Watch the video
http://www.autogeek.net/black-wow-trim-restorer.html

Old 02-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Old 02-29-2008, 03:35 PM
LRG
Just want to add that I've also been happy with Black WOW. I started using it last summer and it does an impressive job of making the crappy plastic on our trucks look nice and deep black.

It doesn't last forever, you will have to reapply occasionally.

I also agree that's it's fairly expensive but it lasts a long time, you only need a tiny bit for each piece.

Quick Reply: Black Wow