And I nearly cried...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I nearly cried...

So I go to washing both my vehicles yesterday. Which a lot of times will prompt my neighbor or his wife to wash one of thiers. Then I saw the wife reach for a brush in the front yard that I had before now assumed was used to clean siding, driveway, etc... It looked a lot like this...

It has been sitting bristle side down in the grass for weeks. She proceeds to scrub her pretty little Jeep Grand Cherokee top to bottom with it and then you guessed it. Right back into the grass it goes bristle side down!

I havn't always been this OCD but I would never have done that.
I've offered to help them with the vehicles and even offered to let them use some of my stuff. But, I'm white so they don't like to talk to me much. (not a racist statement at all. Just fact of the matter in the northern panhandle)

Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look at the bright side. She didn't use the garage broom or the yard rake.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Suspended
Just makes your vehicles look that much better than theirs.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Neighbors....

At least your neighbors wash....

Everytime I go out to wash my vehicles my upwind neighbor always decides he needs to use his blower to blow off the drive and grass right after I finish....

Therfore, I make sure to park my noisy diesel right between the houses and let it warm up nicely early in the morning. I like to also make sure my siren is working each shift sign-on on my patrol car which I also park between the houses!

This 'war' will never be won, but I usually win each of the battles!

Old 02-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2stroked
Look at the bright side. She didn't use the garage broom or the yard rake.
It is unbelievably ironic that you said that... I witnessed JUST THIS yesterday... yes, yesterday.

We had a bunch of snow and ice... her vehicle was covered in ice and she had a YARD RAKE (for leaves) knocking off the ice from her vehicle.

I plan on talking to her about a full detail this summer.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
It is unbelievably ironic that you said that... I witnessed JUST THIS yesterday... yes, yesterday.

We had a bunch of snow and ice... her vehicle was covered in ice and she had a YARD RAKE (for leaves) knocking off the ice from her vehicle.

I plan on talking to her about a full detail this summer.

And I thought when I saw my neighbor sweeping snow off his car with a ice scraper was bad!

Old 02-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
So I go to washing both my vehicles yesterday. Which a lot of times will prompt my neighbor or his wife to wash one of thiers. Then I saw the wife reach for a brush in the front yard that I had before now assumed was used to clean siding, driveway, etc... It looked a lot like this...

It has been sitting bristle side down in the grass for weeks. She proceeds to scrub her pretty little Jeep Grand Cherokee top to bottom with it and then you guessed it. Right back into the grass it goes bristle side down!

I havn't always been this OCD but I would never have done that.
I've offered to help them with the vehicles and even offered to let them use some of my stuff. But, I'm white so they don't like to talk to me much. (not a racist statement at all. Just fact of the matter in the northern panhandle)

Im curious to know that race these azzes are? Speaking of snow what do you guys use to remove snow off of your vehicles. I hate to be **** but I dont let mine see the snow.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by pmason718
Im curious to know that race these azzes are?
Absolutely, under NO circumstance, should we go down that path. In fact, it's unappropriate to even suggest/ask/mention such a thing.

Back to the thread that should be entitled "Fun with Dirty Brushes and Lawn Rakes".

-RP-

Old 02-13-2008, 12:55 PM
How about watching a younger kid- around 17-18 "detailing" his COMPLETE 08 Expedition with windex? And by COMPLETE I mean rims, bumper, paint....

Jon

Old 02-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by GJ Screw
How about watching a younger kid- around 17-18 "detailing" his COMPLETE 08 Expedition with windex? And by COMPLETE I mean rims, bumper, paint....

Jon
How about the time when my Dad decided to Simple Green his entire brand new black Jeep Compass..

I never seen Simple Green eat a finish off..

Later he asked me to fix his damage... I said, "Ya, take it back in and say they forgot to spray clear coat on it from the factory!" In all reality, it just needed a couple coats of wax with my orbital polisher. After that was done, I hid the Simple Green...

Old 02-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Absolutely, under NO circumstance, should we go down that path. In fact, it's unappropriate to even suggest/ask/mention such a thing.

Back to the thread that should be entitled "Fun with Dirty Brushes and Lawn Rakes".

-RP-
Your absolutely correct. I didnt mean any harm by asking that. Please forgive me fella's for that one.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by pmason718
Your absolutely correct. I didnt mean any harm by asking that. Please forgive me fella's for that one.
It's cool, bud. No harm done.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Unrelated but similar, last night we had some ice, so the local news shows video of the biggest idiots in town, I see some women, (go ahead im right there with you on the women jokes), takes a metal snow shovel and "lightly" beats the side of her car to remove the ice. I see the dent wizards eye lighting up as this new story played.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:15 PM
I've seen someone washing a black F250 with a broom (kinnda like the one in the first post) with Dawn. Let's just say the finish was less than lustrous.

I must admit, before this site, I used to wash the Expy with a terry cloth towel....with one bucket, and an unmeasured amount of TW car wash. I know, I was bad. But, I've changed my ways.

Last edited by ELVATO; 02-13-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by welfare wagon
Unrelated but similar, last night we had some ice, so the local news shows video of the biggest idiots in town, I see some women, (go ahead im right there with you on the women jokes), takes a metal snow shovel and "lightly" beats the side of her car to remove the ice. I see the dent wizards eye lighting up as this new story played.
haha

One of my friends has a Geo Metro as a rat car and he used a metal snow shovel to clean his car and windows. It's awesome.

Not to mention he's shot at it with a 10 gauge shotgun. Nothing like some real bullet holes.

Quick Reply: And I nearly cried...