Milky Headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milky Headlight?

Hey guys I bought a set of used Lightning-style heads about 6 months ago to match my clear-corner turn signals. I've recently noticed a milky look from inside the passenger side headlight. Any idea as to what's causing this and how can I fix it?

Here are some pics:

and

You can really tell the fogginess from these pics...It's really odd because the driver side headlight is just as clear as the corner lights.

Thanks for any help!

Old 12-17-2007, 10:50 PM
looks like condensation is getting in there. get yourself some silicone and reseal the lens.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ju015dd
looks like condensation is getting in there. get yourself some silicone and reseal the lens.

I would agree. It doesn't look like oxidation to me (but, it may be -- hard to say, sight unseen (in person)).

Does the plastic feel 'strange'? What I mean by that is, does it feel soft or can you feel a texture on the 'milky' part.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:04 AM
If that model headlight has a rubber cover over the bulb you might check that. I mean in the back where you change the bulb. I had an Expedition that did the same thing and it was the rubber cover had been knocked loose and water would run in when driving in the rain.

If it is oxidation I would suggest trying some Meguiars Plasti-X. It's avaiable at most Wal-Marts and parts stores.

Tic

Old 12-18-2007, 10:25 PM
No, the light's plastic feels just like the plastic on all my other lights....it's just as smooth and plasticy. (lol what a word)

Yes, my truck's lights do have rubber covers over the bulbs so I'll be sure to check that out and see if it's the culprit.

Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Milky Headlight?