need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help!!

Well, I decided its time to get out and put a good coat of wax on the truck before winter sets in on us. The truck has quite a few scratches in it, light, nothing to noticable, but the truck iss off road quite abit and hunting and camping trips and the like. Anyhow, I have no clue as to how to usea clay bar. What would be some good products to try so it will bring it back to a shine and possiably hide some of the scratches? Any help is appreciated

Old 11-21-2007, 01:07 AM
Claybaring is easy. Spray the clean surface with quick detailer, then rub it with the clay bar. Fold over clay bar, and repeat.

For taking care of light scratches, use Scratch-X.

For concealing some light imperfections, use Meguiars #7

Old 11-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaairman
For concealing some light imperfections, use Meguiars #7
He meant #9. #7 is a pure polish and won't do it for imperfections.

To the OP... there's LOTS of information here about all of the topics that you've mentioned. Plus, I encourage you to click on the 'STICKY' at the top of this forum and download the pdf. It's not all-inclusive but, it's a pretty good step in the right direction.

-RP-

Old 11-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
He meant #9. #7 is a pure polish and won't do it for imperfections.
It was midnight and I was tired, gimme a break. :o

Which reminds me, I'm low on supplies and need to stock up.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Plus, I encourage you to click on the 'STICKY' at the top of this forum and download the pdf. It's not all-inclusive but, it's a pretty good step in the right direction.

-RP-
YAY!!!

I love being able to have people reference that rather than typing those 4 post replies like in the past...

Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I got a few new scratches on the trucknow frmdeer season this year, briars and tree limbs, so looks like I am going to put the truck in the heated shop and do some scratch X an the some #9, and might finish it off with a good buff. And of course never dull on all the chrome, but thanks for the heads up guys!!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cowboy63645
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I got a few new scratches on the trucknow frmdeer season this year, briars and tree limbs, so looks like I am going to put the truck in the heated shop and do some scratch X an the some #9, and might finish it off with a good buff. And of course never dull on all the chrome, but thanks for the heads up guys!!
Scratch-X the more problematic scratches... #9 will serve as a FILLER more so than a REMOVER and thus, may conceal swirls and such for a while but will not remove them. This is okay under some circumstances but, it is considered kind of a 'short cut'. #9 has NO protective qualities and thus, you *NEED* to finish it off with some kind of last step product (LSP) -- I.E.: WAX. Meguiar's NXT, Mother's Synwax, or Eagle One Nano are all decent and readily available choices.