Weekend Forecast

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weekend Forecast

So, I finally get a half-arsed opportunity to wash the truck after 5 weeks. My wife has her best friend over, so I had to take a couple of extra breaks to mix them up some margaritas (I'm an ex-bartender... I make a mean rita and blood mary).

Anyway, I was out in the garage claying the truck and the local weather guy comes on the radio.

Weather Guy: "Well, folks, we're in for a wild weekend. The low tonight (Friday) will be in the forties, with an unseasonably high approaching 90 for tomorrow (Saturday), with blustery winds near 35. Watch out for Sunday, as a major cold front moves in bringing rain mixed with snow. Lows in the low 30s."

... a guy just can't win. And you gotta love Texas weather.

But, for now, my truck is safely tucked away all nice and shiny in the garage. But, the beer supply in the fridge won't make it through Sunday football, so I may have to venture out to the local convenience store in the muck. Wish me luck!

Last edited by SleepyMax; 10-20-2007 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:40 AM
I can completly understand your pain. We haven't had much rain here in the last couple of months but I can say with absolute honesty the last 4 times I've washed my truck it has rained. I was just discussing this fact with my wife on Thurs. and that I was ready to do my truck and low and behold what happened? It rained Thursday night and most of Friday. I told I was going to change the name of my truck to RainMaker! I just can't win. Oh and I've lived in Texas before and I understand the changing weather out there also. Good luck on the Beer holding out.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:25 AM
I hear ya! I'm only about 45 miles north of you. Heard the weather man yesterday say 90 then snow. Typical TX panhandle.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:51 AM
I know what ya mean, I've been trying to finish my detail all week dodging rain (much needed) and multiple vortex tornadoes, very rare for this neck of the woods.

Still have one coat of NXT and two coats of step three to go. I will have a DA next time !!!! I don't mind the labor, it's kind of rewarding but the time involved in hand detailing is enormous. Good thing I don't have a job going right now.

My wife's out of town for 10 days and I plan on doing her 05 Expy for her birthday before she gets back. That thing has as much paint as a small airliner. Going to be a busy week.

Rick
Pensacola

Old 10-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Same boat....just got all the last bit of south texas dust off my truck, had to really got at the undercarraige. I am totally messy.

I had a few "garage" scratches on the roof so I had to break out the DA and get those...then one thing lead to another...

Truck is all safe....

Lets see some pics

Old 10-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Had to make a few obligatory trips across town today to keep the family happy. Then, had to QD and get the windows. I apologize for the poor quality of the pics, I'll try to get some daylight pics tomorrow.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Well done grasshopper...well done.

She looks great.

Quick edit.....did you get those wheel wells?

Old 10-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Umm, yeah

I pressure washed the undercarriage plus the entire truck at the drive thru, then brought it back to the driveway to re-wash it.

I "may" have forgotten to actually wipe down the wells. Fortunately, I too, am a Photoshop master... so we'll see how the daylight pictures turn out, hehe.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by shootnstarz
My wife's out of town for 10 days and I plan on doing her 05 Expy for her birthday before she gets back. That thing has as much paint as a small airliner.
I hear that. I actually look forward to cleaning up my wife's '05 mustang. Takes FAR less time than the truck. Good luck with your Expy.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Snowing here in Colorado already, gonna send it your way ( was 80 here a few hours ago)

Old 10-21-2007, 01:11 AM
Perfect, thanks!

Quick Reply: Weekend Forecast