Swirl Removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swirl Removal

Hey guys..well it is already turning a bit colder..so im planning one more big detail before winter hits...i have not yet gotten a PC or G100 but i do want to apply a swirl removal product by hand.. (im waiting till next spring to buy a pc)...my question is..what are yall's opinions on light swirl removal...#9, #80, or Poor Boy's SSR? Im wanting to get some ordered tonight or tomorrow so ill hopefully have them by this weekend...thanks guys!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:50 PM
just wait till you get a machine...hand just will not produce the finish a machine will. just hand wax it until the machine makes it into your hands...using any of that would be just about a waste of time and products without a machine in my opinion

Last edited by troberts6874; 10-08-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by troberts6874
just wait till you get a machine...hand just will not produce the finish a machine will. just hand wax it until the machine makes it into your hands...using any of that would be just about a waste of time and products without a machine in my opinion
Well....yes and no.

some products work really well by hand...but its hard. If it were me, i would live with it until you get a G100 or PC 7424

Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The one-million and two dollar question...

How much time are you willing to put in to this and are you willing to sacrifice your arms (to absolute soreness) to make this happen?

Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Well....yes and no.

some products work really well by hand...but its hard. If it were me, i would live with it until you get a G100 or PC 7424
RollingRock Your truck looks like looking into a mirror Nice work I have a G100 I have what i see is spider web on the clear coat Not to bad but i want to get rid of it before winter I have #2 #9 #26 and NXT What would you suggest to take care of the spiderwebs ? Thanks RUSS

Old 10-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by RUSS04
RollingRock Your truck looks like looking into a mirror Nice work I have a G100 I have what i see is spider web on the clear coat Not to bad but i want to get rid of it before winter I have #2 #9 #26 and NXT What would you suggest to take care of the spiderwebs ? Thanks RUSS

I'm not RR but, thought I'd toss in a dime...

With those products, the fine cut cleaner (#2) would be the best choice for the light spider webbing. Once you've used that product, go with the #9 for some 'filling' action to remedy the last remaining problems. Follow with NXT X2 with 12-hours of space between coats. Lastly, top with #26.

Clear as mud?

BTW, here's an excellent cheat sheet for using the PC with the aforementioned products...

Enjoy.

-RP-

Old 10-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by RUSS04
was this post for me or RockPick

Last edited by RollingRock; 10-08-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Moderator &

#9 is going to remove spider webs
No. Not really. It's more of a 'filler' product than a removal product. While it has a tad of removal properties, it's more of a kaolinite filler.

It has less cut than say Megs #80. But you could prob get by with it by using the G100 at a higher speed and let the product really break down.
Much less cut. #80 is a removal product -- #9 is a filler product. While both products certainly have their place within a detailer's aresonal, with what he's described, I'd highly recommend going witht he REMOVAL step. The #2 product (Fine Cut Cleaner) will actually do okay at REMOVING the problems -- it's similar to #80 but not as oily and will break down a tad slower.

-RP-

Old 10-08-2007, 09:43 PM
RP, sorry I removed my text since we actually double posted. Looked like it wasn't for me.

Cheers

JP

Old 10-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Moderator &

was this post for me or RockPick
It was for you, RR... I just chimed in before you made it. We didn't really double-post there...

Like I mentioned... I tossed in a dime.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
It was for you, RR... I just chimed in before you made it. We didn't really double-post there...

Like I mentioned... I tossed in a dime.
I haven't used either #2 or #9, so glad you threw your buck in there.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Moderator &

I haven't used either #2 or #9, so glad you threw your buck in there.
Own em' both... use em' both. I buy #9 by the gallon... the #2 is used MUCH less frequently as I find that #80 is a much easier product to work with...

-RP-

Old 10-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I'm not RR but, thought I'd toss in a dime...

With those products, the fine cut cleaner (#2) would be the best choice for the light spider webbing. Once you've used that product, go with the #9 for some 'filling' action to remedy the last remaining problems. Follow with NXT X2 with 12-hours of space between coats. Lastly, top with #26.

Clear as mud?

BTW, here's an excellent cheat sheet for using the PC with the aforementioned products...

Enjoy.

-RP-
Thank you RP For the info and the cheat sheet So you think i can stay away from#80 or try it ? Rolling Rock need your input also BTW RP Did you ever get your AMBIENT TEMP SENSOR replaced ? RUSS

Old 10-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Russ

I don't have much to say,(shocking i know) RockPick knows a hella-lot more than me. I am still a student of his. Hope I get a passing grade.

Since I am a little predictable...I would get the #80 or some Optimum just so you can play with other products, even Poorboys, but its b/c I haven't used #2 or #9.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Russ

I don't have much to say,(shocking i know) RockPick knows a hella-lot more than me. I am still a student of his. Hope I get a passing grade.

Since I am a little predictable...I would get the #80 or some Optimum just so you can play with other products, even Poorboys, but its b/c I haven't used #2 or #9.
Thanks RR Iam on vacation next week And iam looking for a few tips before the snow starts Thank you for the info RUSS

Quick Reply: Swirl Removal