Hand wash
wheels/tires
Rain-X
Hand dry
Clay bar
Polish
Buff

Basicly a full detail plus clay bar and wax/polish

Take in account that there is no competition within 50-60 miles.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a truck like yours? $100 to $150.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just one coat of 'polish'... That's a pretty loose term/step within your procedure.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:40 PM
would what you expect "full detail" include the inside?? engine bay??? supercrew starts at about $200 and goes up...2 men 4 hour job plus equipment.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Part of it depends on clientele. Some places (ie: where I live) charge very little, but ones like that Paul guy on the net in Europe, gets 2k per car.

If I could get the right amount of money for the work I do, it would be about $600, but I never have, nor never will, get that much. I love to detail, and I usually only do it for friends/family. Also, I never get to keep the car for 3 days to get every last detail perfect. I usually end up doing the 4 hour "express detail" which involves doing as much as possible in as little of time while doing the best I can not to sacrifice quality (which of course means that they still have swirls, but not to the effect that they used to.)

Old 05-21-2007, 08:06 PM
LRG
There's a detail shop near where I live, very production oriented, that charges about $180 or so for wash, wax, quick interior detail, etc. No defect removal or anything cool like that. It sounds like you're looking for more than that, like some rotary polishing, maybe light defect removal? If so I'd say maybe more like $400. But it's a big country and prices vary a lot.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:26 PM
I tend to charge between 125-150 flat and up to 200 for oversize vehicles. This fee schedule is based on per unit and complete detail, i.e. inside, outside, and engine bay, regardless of labor/materials involved/needed. I don't need to charge high prices as my overhead is minimal. I tend to over deliver on client expectations, due to personal pride and ocd issues, even though 99.9 percent of them will never notice that I waxed and polished their doorjambs....but they appreciate my enthusiasm and fair pricing. As a result I've had a 100 percent retention rate and more business that i can handle at times!

Old 05-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by LRG
There's a detail shop near where I live, very production oriented, that charges about $180 or so for wash, wax, quick interior detail, etc. No defect removal or anything cool like that. It sounds like you're looking for more than that, like some rotary polishing, maybe light defect removal? If so I'd say maybe more like $400. But it's a big country and prices vary a lot.
I need to move. Can I bunk there at your place LRG?

Old 05-25-2007, 01:16 AM
I'm charging my very first customer (Buick Roadmaster) $200.00 and she didn't even blink. Now I'm beginning to wonder. I didn't know, it just seemed like the right price after doing my own vehicles.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:37 AM
That's a good place to start-- it's very much in the middle of the extremes, so you have a lot of 'wiggle room' in terms of price. That's where I started on a black Ram 3500. (Incidentally enough, that was done IN THE SUN and over the course of about 4 hours. I've never detailed so quickly and in such heat. The guy didn't have shade, and didn't want me to take it to my place...All I have to say about that day is "ouch". No D/A, and a full detail...105 degrees outside...)

Old 05-25-2007, 02:56 PM
LRG
Originally Posted by RockPick
I need to move. Can I bunk there at your place LRG?
Yeah buddy! You'd make a fortune and I'd love to rub shoulders with a detail guru like you!

It blows my mind how much that place charges and it always looks like they've got plenty of work. They have a really fancy shop so people getting suckered in there are paying for the fancy shop more than a quality detail. There's so many ways to part a fool and his money.....

Old 05-25-2007, 03:43 PM
I finally had "menus" printed for my customers. For a full detail I charge $200 for cars and mid sized trucks, $225 for full sized trucks and small SUVs, and $300 for big SUVs and vans. If A LOT of work is necessary for swirl marks or spot treatment of stains then I charge more depending on the severity.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Moderator &

Wow. I'm cheap.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Well there aren't many detailers in my area that include steps such as claying and others that we all here wouldn't even consider omitting. One detailer charges about the same that I do for the Deep Crystal 3-step System. Don't get me wrong, I like the 3-step and have used it many times. But this shop advertises it like it's something that nobody else can do but them. My full detail inludes:

Clean wheels, tires, and fender wells
Wash
Clay
Re-wash
Swirl cutter (as many applications as needed)
Polish (2 coats)
Wax (brands and number of applications depnd on color)
Wax wheels
Dress tires
Dress fender wells
Detail trim
Detail engine compartment
Polish all metal
Clean windows
Clean leather, vinyl, and plastic
Condition leather, vinyl, and plastic
Dress vinyl and plastic
Vacuum
Spot treatment of carpet
Final wipe down with QD and MF

I know it's pretty standard, but I get VERY picky and obsessive. Depending on the size of the vehicle it usually takes me around 10-12 hours.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by AsheFX4
Well there aren't many detailers in my area that include steps such as claying and others that we all here wouldn't even consider omitting. One detailer charges about the same that I do for the Deep Crystal 3-step System. Don't get me wrong, I like the 3-step and have used it many times. But this shop advertises it like it's something that nobody else can do but them. My full detail inludes:

Clean wheels, tires, and fender wells
Wash
Clay
Re-wash
Swirl cutter (as many applications as needed)
Polish (2 coats)
Wax (brands and number of applications depnd on color)
Wax wheels
Dress tires
Dress fender wells
Detail trim
Detail engine compartment
Polish all metal
Clean windows
Clean leather, vinyl, and plastic
Condition leather, vinyl, and plastic
Dress vinyl and plastic
Vacuum
Spot treatment of carpet
Final wipe down with QD and MF

I know it's pretty standard, but I get VERY picky and obsessive. Depending on the size of the vehicle it usually takes me around 10-12 hours.
You sound ALOT like me! Those are the same steps I perform as well...however, I am currently detailing a 2002 Black BMW X5 that's being clayed for the fourth time and so far have gone through two full bottles of QD...talk about rail dust from hell!

Quick Reply: detail cost