RockPick -- My hood.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RockPick -- My hood.

Picture of my hood RockPick. I sent you some others VIA e-mail.

As you can see the clear coat etching is sickening.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70...g?t=1170455850

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70...g?t=1170456855

Last edited by rustyzipper; 02-02-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like classic acid rain to me...

Give me some time over the weekend... I'll get a few articles together for your reading enjoyment. Here's my pre-warning though: you're probably not going to be able to get them all out. You *can* lessen the appearance but, don't expect perfection.

BTW, you've really jumped into this head first (in the shallow end). Your name is atop nearly every thread in here! LOL!

Old 02-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much for the insight RockPick.

I post quite a bit on some other hobby forums so I'm rather used to the aspects. I love to learn. As the old saying goes, knowledge is power, no? Undoubtedly, here, it's a mecca of knowledge.

On my hood: from what I've been reading on the logistics of polishing/compounding I'm finding out what you say is true in reference to only a lessening of the etch. What I'm afraid of is overdoing it by taking to much of the clear paint off. I have no idea of when to stop.

I'm still trying to understand why just the hood, and not any other part of the truck. I used that TW ICE all in the same day. Beats me. I know it didn't take me long to get that crap off of there. Unfortunately I didn't find this forum until then or until the damage was already done. And not that I'm crying over spilled milk, but I surely do not want this to happen again.

Quick Reply: RockPick -- My hood.