Vinegar to remove spotting?

Old 06-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vinegar to remove spotting?

I read somewhere that particularly bad water spotting can be removed by using distilled vinegar prior to claybarring, anybody ever taken this approach before, if so what were your results? Also how much adverse effect does the acidity have on the paint?

Old 06-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Never worked for me. I think its 1/2 vinegar to 1/2 water ratio. I even tried full vinegar, didn't make a difference. I have well water and once water spots are etched in the paint I can't get them out.

I also heard cermic cleaner, like you use on the stovetop works. Tried it, no joy.

Old 06-10-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by kurtbuschsucks
I read somewhere that particularly bad water spotting can be removed by using distilled vinegar prior to claybarring, anybody ever taken this approach before, if so what were your results? Also how much adverse effect does the acidity have on the paint?

Maybe try a clay bar that might get them off.

BTW
Love the screen name, He's offically a traitor in my book

Old 06-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Yup win a championship, turn into a horses rear.... Switch to Dodge, but I say good riddance to him

Old 06-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The vinegar and water mix may or may not work. If your spotting is subsurface on the paint (ie: etched), you're out of luck with this procedure. If they are deposits on the SURFACE of the paint and have not etched, it may work.

You'll need to rewax all affected areas where you utilize the vinegar after use.

RP

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vinegar to remove spotting?