Paintless Dent Repair-Pretty Neat!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Paintless Dent Repair-Pretty Neat!

I just got back from have some dents removed on my truck. I was able to watch the guy, it was pretty neat. A large tree fell across my driveway, the top landed on my truck. I got it off with just 2 dents and a scratch. They removed those 2 dents plus a door ding for $130. You can not see where they were. While there, I got the front door windows tinted to match the rear. About a week ago, I ordered some nerf bars and installed those myself. My truck is changing a bit, I am pleased mith the new mods.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get Some Pics!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Zaairman
Get Some Pics!!!
I will have to get a camera first!

Old 05-17-2006, 02:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What shop did you use so you can give some free advertisement.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Stealth
What shop did you use so you can give some free advertisement.
Dent Empire at 1716 East Abram in Arlington. Ask for Steve. He did a graet job and was very reasonable. You can not see where it was dented at all. Took out two fender dents and a door ding. They do a lot of work for car dealers and body shops.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:55 PM
haha...your thread got moved.....loser.....

Old 05-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by wstahlm80
haha...your thread got moved.....loser.....
I started to put it in the 2004-2006, then I tought about the General Care and Detailing, but since it contained some worthless general comments and I knew most of those posting would post worthless posts, I would make it General Discussion so you post ****** would not get any count. Then it gets moved anyway!

Old 05-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
I just got back from have some dents removed on my truck. I was able to watch the guy, it was pretty neat. A large tree fell across my driveway, the top landed on my truck. I got it off with just 2 dents and a scratch. They removed those 2 dents plus a door ding for $130. You can not see where they were. While there, I got the front door windows tinted to match the rear. About a week ago, I ordered some nerf bars and installed those myself. My truck is changing a bit, I am pleased mith the new mods.
So this whole paintless dent removal thing is worth it? How do they usually charge; by the size, # of dents or the PITA factor?

I have a handful of dents on my hood from a hail storm (same diameter as a quater) about 3-4 weeks ago and it makes me mad every time I see them, so I haven't even washed my truck since then.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Global Moderator &

They charge by the amount of time they spend on the dents. The guy worked on my truck a little over an hour and charged my $130. They use long twisted tools to get behind the dent and work it out, then use soft punches to remove raised spots. It was neat to watch. Several years ago, i had a Silverado that had some pretty significant hail damage on the roof, hood, and fenders. My insurance company told me that if I would take it to a particular body shop and the PDR guy was able to get it all repaired, they would waive the deductable. I did and you could not see any place that had been
repaired on the truck. Turned out that the shop I went to today are the people that do the work at the body shop where I had the Silverado done. They do a lot of work for dealers and paint and body shops.

I lucked into this shop from the yellow pages, but it would be better if you can ask around and get a recommendation.

Quick Reply: Paintless Dent Repair-Pretty Neat!