Liquid or Solid?

Old 04-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liquid or Solid?

Which type of wax is better, liquid or solid wax?

Old 04-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CEE21
Your preference! Not really a pro or con either way in my eyes...

Old 04-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Req
Originally Posted by CEE21
I used a liquid wax for years. It was a pro-wax purchased from an Auto paint store. Went on easy, buffed out easy. Looked good. Then by accident I changed to Mothers Carnuba Cleaner Wax. Went on easy, and with a buffer came off easy. When I washed the sponges that I used for putting on the Mothers wax I noticed how difficult it was (in comparison to liquid wax) to get the Mothers wax off my sponge. This convinced me that the Mothers Wax remained on my vehicle longer under my winter and 100º summers.

A hint at using a electric buffer....So I do not risk going through the paint, especially at the sharper body curves and edges I just lightly buff. Then I come back with a towel by hand and finish out the buffing. It may sound difficult or taking twice as long, but the prevention of buffing through the paint is gone and the two methods together do not take that much longer.

I realize there are other waxing methods out there from using clay and various other choices of waxes. But I wax my rig approx 4 times a year because of the dual weather seasons or rain and extreme heat. Self convenience and time consumption are factors.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:57 AM
3M probably offers the greatest protection and it is liquid. There is no diference between liquid and paste. I use Liquid Glass because it offer a little longer protection - maybe 5-6 months depending on where you live. But I actually read a comparison of all waxes and 3M was given the number 1 spot.
In my opinion 3M makes the best chemicals in the country.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Liquid or Solid?