Car Covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car Covers

So the truck got demoted when I moved and won't fit in the garage so it sits outside. I looked a few times at getting a car cover for it since I only drive it a few times a week.
Most of the ones I ran across were well over $100.

I saw this one on ebay today, wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts or experience with a car cover...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I know you get what you pay for, and the last thing I want is the truck to get all scuffed up where it's rubbing. My guess is the truck needs to be relatively clean before putting the cover on. It says it's breathable so that water that gets under it won't be trapped. Just looking for something to keep the dirt, cats and tree sap off the truck. Thoughts?

Old 02-17-2006, 04:33 PM
We have one for our 02 Harley Davidson F150 and it cost $330. Make sure you get a good one.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:24 AM
Yep, as far as covers are concerned, the more $$ the better they are.

Old 02-18-2006, 10:00 AM
MJN
Just purcahsed one a few weeks ago and finally got it on the truck two days ago. I bought one of CoverCrafts the Evolution 4 cover. Paid around 270 or close to that shipped to my door. I had this same cover for my Ranger that sat out side the whole time and almost all winter and I thought it did a great job of keeping it clean and protected. The only thing is I just did not relize how big the cover was when me and my wife were trying to get it on the truck but when we did it fits great and I love it.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks all, I figured i should stay away from the bargain cover.

Just out of curiousity, how clean do you guys have your trucks before covering them?

Old 02-20-2006, 09:49 AM
I bought a $100 one for my mustang....mistake.

I thought it was a decent one but not really. I especially like going to pick it up 3 doors down from the hedge when the wind blows hard.

my next cover will be custom fit to my make/model/year.

my .02 anyhow.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:52 AM
MJN
You want to try and have your vehicle as clean as possible you don't want to be dragging the cover over dust and dirt while trying to get it on. Plus if you have it out side in the wind that dirt and dust will act like sand paper as the moves some in the wind.

Quick Reply: Car Covers