4x4 Decals

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 02:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4x4 Decals

Was thinking about taking the factory 4x4 decals (stickers) off of my new Lariet to give it a real clean look; I don't have any other badges or body molding on it. I was just wondering if anyone who'd already done this had any problems with it. Previous experience tells me that a little heat and some goo-gone is enough to get most of these things off, but just looking for input from someone thats already attempted it. Thanks

Old 08-29-2005, 06:18 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I believe your tools of the trade that you mentioned are the ones that are most often used and the ones that most often work.

Be sure to rewax any areas where you utilize any type of adhesive remover as it will strip all wax in that are...

Welcome to f150online.com!!

RP

Old 08-29-2005, 07:36 AM
How old is the truck? I peeled mine off with my fingernail at about 3 weeks old with no problems. It Had crusty wax residue around it, but no adhesive. Buffed right out.

Old 08-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Ok, well I left the truck in the sun for a couple hours and sure enough they peeled off without any problem. A little goo-gone and some wax it was good to go. Thanks for confirming my suspisions.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Texas F-150
Was thinking about taking the factory 4x4 decals (stickers) off of my new Lariet to give it a real clean look; I don't have any other badges or body molding on it. I was just wondering if anyone who'd already done this had any problems with it. Previous experience tells me that a little heat and some goo-gone is enough to get most of these things off, but just looking for input from someone thats already attempted it. Thanks
You are the first person from Texas that I have heard of that wants to "clean up" the truck instead of adding more stuff

BTW instead of goo gone I have used WD-40 with great results for that and a whole host of other stuff such as tar etc. Just remember to wax afterwards.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Yeah, we're few and far between; but its all black so the less stuff I have to clean the easier my job is.

Quick Reply: 4x4 Decals