huge faded waterspot on soft tonneau!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy huge faded waterspot on soft tonneau!

so it rained and water seemed to gather and make a puddle in one spot of my soft tonneau cover. now its all faded really bad in the spot. what can i do to bring it back to the color it was and rest of cover is? is it possible??

ps. i think the puddle magnified the light from the sun and just faded it quickly and badly

Old 06-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Mothers Back-To-Black, Formula 303... I assume you already scrubbed it real good with some mild detergent?

Old 06-22-2005, 07:06 PM
no i havent done anything yet...as soon as i came inside from cursing at it started to rain again and hasnt let up. so mothers back to black will work?? maybe

Old 06-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Somehow I doubt it 'faded'. All the dust on the cover gathered in the puddle, the water evaporated and you have a concentrated dirt stain. Bust out the scrub brush and get to it.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:36 AM
I'm with DZ on this one. I'm guessing that your tonneau just needs to be washed and then dressed. I haven't tried Back to Black, but have heard nothing but good things about it. I have, however been using 303 for the past 5 years and would reccomend it to everyone. It doesn't dry out your rubber, vinyl, whaterver, and leaves a nice black color. Not too dull, not too glossy.

On a side note...Do not use 303 on your rubber floor mats. It leaves them really slick. I did this once and the first time I went to get out of my car (Jetta at the time), I almost fell on my face.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:00 AM
alright well i looked at it this morning and i was fine? really wierd if you saw this spot it a comptley diff. color. i will get some 303 and use that though thanks.

Quick Reply: huge faded waterspot on soft tonneau!