under-body cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
under-body cleaning

i want to know if anyones knows of any cleaners that are great at cleaning under carriages. I have an outside lift with a pressure washer, and just want to know if anyone has any suggestions, or knew of any specialty products used for this. I have used simple green, greased lightning, citrus cleaners, 409, etc... i just havent found "THE ONE" yet. I do a lot of muddin' and trail riding, so its gets nasty under there.

Old 05-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once you get it sort of clean try Griots garage undercarriage spray. It restores the rubber and plastic pieces to looking new. Just don't get it on belts or brakes since it does have silicone in it. Once you get it on when you go to wash it next time the dirt doesn't stick so bad. They are online atwww.griotsgarage.com .

Old 05-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Be careful what you do under there! On a lot of these new rides, the factory applies a protective coating on parts of the undercarriage that never really "sets up" the way a paint does. If you rub it off, you'll expose raw metal that it will now become covered with a rust patina.

I learned this courtesy of the "School Of Hard Knocks" with my Ranger -- wiped off some of the coating because I thought it was grease that had mistakenly been applied to some of the front suspension parts, only to quickly realize that this was not the case!

Now I see the rusted metal surface everytime I change my oil as a little reminder of my stupid maneuver!

Quick Reply: under-body cleaning