stain on non locking center console

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stain on non locking center console

I've got a coffee stain on my cloth center console and some on a seat.

I've searched and from what I gather the blue coral stuff is what people like for cleaning fabric.

The last time I used my dirt devil spot cleaner hand vacuum on one of my other vehicles, it just seemed to change the boundaries of the stain without actually removing it.

Are there any secret tricks to using the fabric cleaner liquid/spray?

Old 04-29-2005, 05:10 AM
Try spraying some Resolve on it. Just follow the directions on the bottle. It worked for me.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I really like the Blue Magic product for spot cleaning. If I'm doing a larger area, I like a product from Meguiar's called APC Plus (a discontinued product unfortunately). All-Purpose Cleaner (APC) Plus offered great cleaning with just a touch of fabric softener to leave the fabric in it's original condition.

Blue Magic can be used directly on the stain. I'd recommend blotting the spot after application of the product with a 100% cotton-terry towel and a very slight 'twisting motion' downward. Continually rotate in different directions with your slight twist. Don't press incredibly hard on your downward motion as this can stress the fibers on your lid and cause a spot that looks different; even though the spot may be gone.

RP

Old 04-29-2005, 10:57 AM
If these good suggestions don't work, you can always try a steam cleaner. I tried every spot remover I could find on my light gray cloth 40-20-40, and my stains just kept getting bigger.
My cloth stains from water drops...

I finally drug the wife's steam cleaner (a hoover, the bissel we had broke about once a use) out to the garage, and by going over the whole cushion, twice, it cleaned up.

I had grease stains on one seat, (dealership) and some diet coke stains. Rain water stains on the drivers side. Looks pretty good now.

Most people know someone with a steam cleaner, so it wouldn't cost too much to try it.
Chris

Quick Reply: stain on non locking center console