'02 F150 King Ranch Supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 F150 King Ranch Supercrew

Hi Folks, Please let me know what you would do. The paint is "checking" on my truck, and Ford won't do anything about it. It did the same thing a little over a year ago, and they fixed the hood and front doors. Now it is doing exactly the same thing on the rear doors but they say it is now out of warranty.
I'm told it only gets worse, and will have to be repainted eventually.
Does anyone else have, or heard of this happening, and what did Ford do about it?
Thanks! ~Gary

Old 04-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello to another KR owner!

Sorry to hear about your problems. From the sounds of it, you're experiencing what is known as solvent pop. Unfortunately, there's no cure short of a proper repaint. Not sure what to tell you from the standpoint of getting it taken care of... but, let me share a story...

I had a 98' Explorer XLT back in 01. I had just gone outside of warranty (I was around 40K on the odo I believe) and my tranny went out. Obviously, like you, I was a bit PO'd. After three conversations with my service advisor, she mentioned that I should call FoMoCo customer service and explain, very calmly, my situation. After two phone calls, Ford was paying for 95% of the cost of the repair and gave me an extended warranty within my 5% cost. Long story short, I walked out with a new tranny (not a factory rebuilt), for less than the cost of two tires.

Long story short, it may be worth it to contact them and explain your situation. They'll be able to reference your earlier paint blemish warranty work and might be able to help you out.

Best of luck!

RP

Quick Reply: '02 F150 King Ranch Supercrew