Chrome polish?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrome polish?

If the weather is good this weekend, I'm gonna wash my truck up real nice. Just a quick question, what is a good brand of chrome polish? i want to get my bumpers and exhaust tips shining like mirrors. Thanks

Old 03-03-2005, 01:11 PM
A pretty good polish

I use a product called never dull on my chrome accessories. You can find it @ pep-boys, autozone, places like that.

Old 03-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey, i use that too lol, looks like im off to the right start. When the tips of my pipes are really bad, i use never dull, but when im just detailing it, i use turtlewax chrome polish, both products work great, but turtlewax polish is cheaper, heh.

Old 03-03-2005, 03:53 PM
same here, Eagle One Nevr-Dull

Nevr-Dull

Old 03-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Lightbulb Re: Chrome polish?

Originally posted by SlammaJamma
If the weather is good this weekend, I'm gonna wash my truck up real nice. Just a quick question, what is a good brand of chrome polish? i want to get my bumpers and exhaust tips shining like mirrors. Thanks
Well, I'll tell you what I was told once, thought they were crazy, but I tried it... Use steel wool, dry, no water or anything. If you use '00' steel wool, it makes it shine like brand new. It only works on stainless or chrome surfaces without the protective plastic you see on some stock factory rims. I use it on my mirrors, bumpers, really anything chrome in finish, even plastic chrome. I never would have thought that it would work, but it's great...and cheap.

Old 03-03-2005, 04:22 PM
hey, cool, the steel wool doesnt scratch or etch up the surface of chrome? where can i buy it.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Steel wool is available at Home Depot or lowes in their paint department. Pay attention to the size of steel wool, get 00 or 0 grade steel wool. It will scratch chrome that has a coating on it, but chrome with no coating ie...bumpers, chrome trim etc it works great on. Even aftermarket chrome rims. I thought it was crazy, I tried it and I was very surprised how well it works.

Trending Topics

Old 03-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by nomochevys
Pay attention to the size of steel wool, get 00 or 0 grade steel wool. It will scratch chrome that has a coating on it
Great point! A lot of chrome used today is a very, very thin plating and a lot of it is also clear coated. For that reason, if I'm unsure, I always prefer to try a chemical cleaner first. If I choose to try something abrasive, I always test it on an inconspicuous spot first.

Old 03-05-2005, 12:50 AM
inconspicuous spot eh? thats exactly what my dad told me when i was askin him about how to use this armor-all paint protectant stuff. He said, "try it on an inconspicuous spot." Well, thats my story for the day, heh, thanks for all the replies guys, this forum is great.

Quick Reply: Chrome polish?