leaves....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leaves....

anyone know how to get the residue from leaves off your paint? plastic trip etc..........i can see a bunch of leaf outlines on my truck and it pisses me off!.....

I used a towel to rub some of them out but i dont like doing that too much. It does need wax and polish anyway.
i was thinking rubbing alcohol? would that work? for bugs too?

Old 11-23-2004, 03:22 PM
tsc
If washing it does not take it off, try a quick detailer spray. If that fails, use a cleaner wax. And if that fails, be prepared to clay your vehicle. Hopefully the QD or a wash will get it done

Old 11-23-2004, 06:35 PM
use a dryer sheet soaked in your wash water. Trust me, Its been talked about here before. I used it on my truck, I had the same thing. Nasty brown leaf stains. Almost looks like coffee stains. Keep the sheet nice and wet and use about three of them on the hood ( change the sheet when you feel it wearing out, you'll know)and it should come clean with no scratches. And in case you didnt see the last thread on this, it works awesome for getting bugs off the front end.

Old 11-24-2004, 12:47 AM
dryer sheets are xcellent, also good for cleaning your stainless steel pots&pans when they are really disgusting

Old 11-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What color truck polishpower?

Old 11-24-2004, 10:21 AM
its 100% black so not exactly the easiest color paint to keep looking perfect in the first place.

Old 11-24-2004, 03:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by polishpowersge
its 100% black so not exactly the easiest color paint to keep looking perfect in the first place.
I'd try getting it with a light polish initially but, if that fails, you may have to go to a more abrasive polish. I'm hesitant to recommend anything that is 'rough' textured to remove it on the surface because, as both you and I know, black is a booger to keep right.

With that in mind, I might try Meguiar's #9 Swirl Remover or a product with similar abrasvie characteristics. Be sure to follow with a quality wax.

RP