warantee rust?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
warantee rust?

I have a 2002 f150 and i have the extended waranty thats 6 years or 72000 miles. I noticed on the tailgate what looks like to be a few bubbles of rust starting on the underside where it drains.

My question is..... Should i take it to a dealer to get it fixed? Anyone had any expierence with this?
Im going to wait a while to see what happens. I just wanted to hear from you guys. thanks.

Old 07-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Now is the best time to nip it in the bud however; you might have some difficulty with the dealership on the corrosion warranty because, as I understand it, it's a 'rust-through' type of situation. I can attest, however, that I had a very small spot of rust fixed on my trailer hitch about a year ago under warranty with no questions asked.

Definately bring it up. It needs to be on record.

RP

Old 07-09-2004, 03:00 PM
on your hitch???? i have some on the reciever on the truck but figured that was no big deal.

Old 07-13-2004, 01:23 AM
What if my factory side steps are rusting? Think I could get that done under warranty?

Old 07-13-2004, 09:31 AM
I had the same symptoms on all my doors (super cab) and my tailgate. Took it in (under warranty of course) and they took care of it.

I guess the problem was it didn't get any seam sealer from the factory...

Old 07-18-2004, 10:36 PM
i was jsut reading my extended warantee........and it seems like they dont want to cover anything!!!!!! So whats the deal with this folks? did you guys get yours fixed in the first 3 years? or was it extended warantee stuff?

also....

i have noticed that the balancing weights on the tires like to start corrosion on the rims........ can i do anything about that? will they cover that? can i use diffrent weights?

Yeah i guess i am ****!

Quick Reply: warantee rust?