Best Way to Remove ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best Way to Remove ...

Hey Guys - I accidently got some wax on my pinstriping and FX4 logo (so now they have a little white border) and I was curious if anyone had any suggestions to cleaning that stuff off?

Also, I got some on the black molding and it wiped off pretty good, but the stripes still show it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For wax along a pinstripe, I've always utilized my fingernail. I know... I know... it's probably not the best method for removal however; to date, (knocks on wood), I've had no problems with it and I'm very careful when utilizing the ole pointer.

For wax on the moldings (I'm assuming you're talking about the rubberized molding around the window?), try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. You'll be blown away by the results.

RP

Old 06-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RockPick
For wax along a pinstripe, I've always utilized my fingernail. I know... I know... it's probably not the best method for removal however; to date, (knocks on wood), I've had no problems with it and I'm very careful when utilizing the ole pointer.
LOL, same here.

Old 06-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Thanks

Thanks for your help -

I will try the Magic Eraser trick!!!

Old 06-29-2004, 10:15 AM
Moderator &

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Bigworm
Thanks for your help -

I will try the Magic Eraser trick!!!
No problemo!

Old 06-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too admitt to sometimes using a fingernail, but it can lead to actually raising up the edge of the decal - inviting even more gunk to get in. Another method that has worked for me is a "soft" tooth brush. Just take the brush and angle the bristles so they're at about a 45 degree angle to the edge of the decal, then bush lightly back and forth. This method seems to do less damage to the decal for me.

Old 06-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 2stroked
I too admitt to sometimes using a fingernail, but it can lead to actually raising up the edge of the decal - inviting even more gunk to get in. Another method that has worked for me is a "soft" tooth brush. Just take the brush and angle the bristles so they're at about a 45 degree angle to the edge of the decal, then bush lightly back and forth. This method seems to do less damage to the decal for me.

Without a doubt, this is the safer of the two methods mentioned. I suppose I'll have to learn the hard way but, again, to date, I'm in good shape.

Old 06-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by 2stroked
I've used this method also along with some quick detailer to help lubricate the area that I'm trying to clean the wax out. It works pretty good at removing some of the buildup that can accumlate around and on emblems also.

Old 06-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys - as soon as it stops raining in Texas, I can clean it up - Can you believe that it has rained 26 of the 30 days in June???

Old 06-30-2004, 10:48 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Bigworm
Thanks guys - as soon as it stops raining in Texas, I can clean it up - Can you believe that it has rained 26 of the 30 days in June???
Yes. May was 22 out of 31 here I believe.

Quick Reply: Best Way to Remove ...