any particular wax for black paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking any particular wax for black paint

OK FELLAS.......ANY PARTICULAR WAX TO USE ON A VEHICLE WITH BLACK PAINT?...........I KNOW THE PROCESS TO USE ...

1.WASH
2. CLAYBAR
3.MEGUIARS #9
4.NXT
5.MEGUIARS #26

..AND ROCKPIC ARE YOU A MEGUIARS SALESMAN?, SPOKESPERSON, 'CAUSE IF YOUR NOT MAN YOU NEED SOME RE-IMBURSEMENT FOR PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE AND ENDORSEMENT. JUST SOME EXCELLENT POSTS FROM EVERYONE ON THIS SUBJECT.
AND ALSO ROCKPIC NOT ONLY ARE YOU A MEGUIARS GURU.(IM NOT WORTHY). I ALSO SEEM TO REMEMBER A POST WHERE AN IRISH PUB WAS INVOLVED ...............EXCELLENT.

THANKS GUYS..DENMAN

Old 06-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't work for them directly however, I do help out with some of their web-based stuff; specifically their message board.

The lineup that you laid out in your post doesn't look bad but, of course, I haven't seen your paint. Black is a BEAST to maintain and keep swirl-free and, as you probably know, it also shows the swirls and defects worse than any other color out there in my opinion. You might go with multiple coats of NXT. Wait 30 mins or so between coats. Also, reserve judging your work for two-days as it always seems to look better to me immediately after two days or after the first wash IMHO.

You're not going to hurt anything with that method in my opinion. Stay off of the moldings with the #9. If your surface defects (swirls/scratches) are on a higher magnitude, you may have to go to a machine applied polish and be a little more agressive. Not sure if you're planning on utilizing a PC or rotary to apply but, it certainly might be an advantage to really work the product.

Old 06-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I might be waaay out in left field on this one - especially since my trucks are always Oxford White. On many black vehicles I've detailed, I've added a coat of Glaze before the wax to fill even more of the micro scratches. Yes, removing the scratches is the ultimate, but more than a few vehicles I've worked on didn't have enough paint left to mess with on that count. Some folks consider using Glaze to be cheating, but it does add a certain depth to the finish.

Old 06-25-2004, 10:04 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A glaze, to a certain degree, will help out however, I've never found it to work very well at hiding swirls. Again though, just a personal observation.

#9 does have some 'fillers' in the mix and thus, it will hide the blemishes. Whether or not it does a better job than the glaze, I'm not sure as I've never tested head to head.

Good tip though. I suppose it could work.

RP

Old 06-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

ROCK THANKS FOR THE INFO...IT IS A BRAND NEW VEHICLE .31 MILES ON IT...........ALL I COULD FIND WAS NXT..I EVEN WENT TO AN AOTU PAINT SUPPLY STORE........#9 AND #26 ARE HARD TO FIND RIGHT NOW. BUT EVERYBODY HAS THE NXT ...THAT WAS ALL I USED WAS THE NXT WAX AND I ALSO HAVE THE NXT RESTORE..........MAN THAT STUFF WORKS GREAT.IT TOOK ALMOST ALL OF MY SWIRLS OUT..........

AND STROKED ...........MY BROTHER LIKES TO MESS AROUND WITH PAINT AND DETAILING STUFF....HE REALLY LIKES A COAT OF 3M GLAZE ON BEFORE YOU WAX.HE SWEARS BY IT.SO I'LL TRY IT AND GET BACK WITH YOU...............

THANKS GUYS....DENMAN

Quick Reply: any particular wax for black paint