Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions...

Got some questions,

1) I use Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash, I've been using it for about 2 months now, and when the truck get's dirty, it looks like it has white scratches in certain spots. Seems to come up like wax though, what gives??

2) Wet sanding, I want to do this so bad, but I don't know what kind of polish to use. I have some polish from the Meguiars Step 2, will that work, or should I get something else.

3) I've been thinking of painting my stock grill black, but can it come out? Not the chrome part, but the faded gray part.

Thanks...

Old 06-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Questions...

Originally posted by lifeguardjoe
Got some questions,

1) I use Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash, I've been using it for about 2 months now, and when the truck get's dirty, it looks like it has white scratches in certain spots. Seems to come up like wax though, what gives??

2) Wet sanding, I want to do this so bad, but I don't know what kind of polish to use. I have some polish from the Meguiars Step 2, will that work, or should I get something else.

3) I've been thinking of painting my stock grill black, but can it come out? Not the chrome part, but the faded gray part.

Thanks...
Alright chico... let's see if we can work through this...

1. I don't know what the wash would have to do with your situation. Can you take some pictures of what you're talking about and post them? When you talk about wax filled looking tiny scratches/cracks it makes me think of what a small spot of clearcoat failure looks like but, I think you'd recognize that. Snap some peeekatures man.

2. Wet sanding is a big step. Whatcha going after? The DC Polish probably won't be able to handle 2000 grits scuffs in my opinion. You'll want to go to something more agressive and, depending on how big of an area that you plan on sanding, you may have to step up to a rotary with a compound (like #84) to remove your scuffs.

With that in mind, describe what you're going to be doing and maybe we can better perscribe something that can cut the level of scuffs that you'll make.

3. Not my cup of tea and I have no clue. Someone else is going to have to walk you down that road...

Let us know chico.

RP

Quick Reply: Questions...