Removal with a PC

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removal with a PC

Anyone remove wax or sealants with their PC if so what all do I need?

Old 05-15-2004, 02:34 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Properautocare.com makes a 6" Microfiber bonnet for the PC.

You need to put a lambs wool pad under it ( not a foam pad ).

http://www.properautocare.com/porcabac.html
QTY : 1 ; 77-216 6 inch Lambswool Leveling Pad
QTY : x ; VPC-6BON2 PKG/2 6 inch Viper Microfiber Bonnets

Also instead of Microfiber you can go the route of Terry cloth if you'd like to.

There are also several kits for the PC that include the Lake Country Pads ( real nice I perfer then to the Meguiars pads ) with a lambs wool pad, and terry cloth bonnets as a starter kit. You can add individual stuff to the order to up the pad count if you are like me, and run through a few of them at a time.
http://www.properautocare.com/padkitwoveba.html
DAP-KIT

Good luck.

I actually have the Sears Industral 11" Buffer for just this use, with a whole pile of bonnets for it. I have had it fo years, so that is why I keep using it. If you don't own anything else, go the route of the lambs wool head, and the bonnets. Saves space in the garage.
I am now up to the 11" buffer, a PC, a Makita dual mode, and the old trusty Cyclo. If I had to do it over, I would have only purchased the Makita dual mode, and the PC. But alais when I got the Cyclo, now over 5 years ago, there was no such thing as the Makita Dual mode, and the PC was for the wood shop alone. The flexiable backup pads did not come around until about 1 year after I had the Cyclo. If nothing else I can apply wax with both hands

The things one learns over the years

Last edited by SSCULLY; 05-15-2004 at 02:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Removal with a PC