Took Your Advice ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Took Your Advice ...

Had some time on my hands over the holidays so I decided to take some of the advice offered here and apply it around the homestead. First, I took RockPick’s advice about not leaving my detailing products out in the cold. I was going to bring everything inside, but just didn’t have the room. So, I took some of the winter clothing my son’s grown out of and dressed all of my stuff up so it doesn’t get cold. The Zaino stuff ended up in some cute little ski mittens. My Stoner’s products all fit in a little Colombia ski coat. Geez, it looks just like the coat rack in kindergarten out there. Thanks RP!

Next, I took 01 XLT Sport’s advice and Zaino’d everything in sight to protect it for the long, cold winter. You’d be surprised what a couple of coats of Z2 do for the range and refrigerator. The old lady got a little pissed with the effect on the tub though. At least that’s what her lawyer is telling me. You’d be surprised what effect the stuff has on “over spray” around the rim of the toilet too. Thanks Sport!

Last, I took Boss 429’s advice and replaced all of the towels in the house with brandy new micro fiber towels. Oops, wait a minute. Yes, honey? Is it time for my medication again? Got to go…

Old 01-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL! Great story!

Old 01-05-2004, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Took Your Advice ...

Originally posted by 2stroked
I took some of the winter clothing my son’s grown out of and dressed all of my stuff up so it doesn’t get cold. The Zaino stuff ended up in some cute little ski mittens. My Stoner’s products all fit in a little Colombia ski coat. Geez, it looks just like the coat rack in kindergarten out there. Thanks RP!

Hmmm...I am not sure that will work Stroked. The clothing is designed to keep in the heat, not generate heat. Your products wrapped in clothing is no more protected than if it was sitting on the shelf. I would still try to move them inside as soon as possible.

Old 01-06-2004, 06:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spirit 1100,

It actually works quite well. All I have to do is bring some hot chocolate out to them every once in a while and they're fine. My biggest problem is keeping the Zaino and Meguire's products from fighting. I guess kids will be kids. Oh no, here comes the guys in the white coats again. Gotta go and save the universe ...

Old 01-06-2004, 10:56 AM
Great story. I might suggest the addition of a scarf or two.

Old 01-06-2004, 08:43 PM
rotflmao

rochester, n.y. huh...you're probably about like us tonight, i don't wanna know when they're talking about -15 windchill for tomorrow.

has little zaino asked for those hot packs that go in the mittens yet?

Old 01-06-2004, 11:04 PM
roflol!! that's great!!

Trending Topics

Old 01-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Bring some hot chocolate for my Armorall window cleaner. It stayed out in my truck last night and was almost completely frozen. And... if you could spare a mitten

Quick Reply: Took Your Advice ...