renewing that new plastic trim look

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
renewing that new plastic trim look

I have just waxed my car this weekend, and now have excess wax all over my trim. I am wondering what is the best way to keep my trim looking brand new when you go to wax your truck, and also what do you use that will keep the plastic and rubber parts of the truck looking new without ruinin the paint. I read on this site about using Mothers "Back to Black"?

Old 01-05-2004, 07:41 PM
A couple of answers, but everyone has their favorites. To keep wax off the trim, you can 1. be more careful , 2. tape the trim (3M blue painters tape) prior to waxing, or 3. Use a wax that does not leave (or leaves minimal) white marks on the trim. S100 (P21S) wax is such a wax, but there are others (you can get P21S/S100 online, or many Harley shops apparently carry S100).To keep the rubber/plastic in good shape, I use 303 protectant. To clean up the white markings on the plastic left by the wax you used, some folks like to use peanut butter (smooth)......never tried it myself, but a search of the forum should give you the technique.

Just my $0.02

ernie

Last edited by ernie; 01-05-2004 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm with Ernie, 303's the product of choice. I use this stuff on all the exterior trim on all of my vehicles and it works great at keeping things looking new. As for your comment about wax on trim, I'd again echo Ernie and suggest you use a little blue painters tape. I do, and it helps keep my touch up efforts to a minimum. If you want a product that you can use to wipe wax off your moldings and such, check www.premiumautocare.com . They sell a product that is specifically designed to take wax off trim. Never used it myself, but thought I'd mention it.

-Mike-

Old 01-06-2004, 09:10 AM
Thanks alot for the info. guys, I can't believe all the easy and unique ways to keep one's vehicle looking and running great. Thanks again.

Old 01-08-2004, 09:36 AM
I personally use Back to Black and it works well for me

Quick Reply: renewing that new plastic trim look