Good tire dressing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good tire dressing?

What do you guys use on your tires. I'm looking for something that looks shines well, goes on easy, and lasts long. I know, I want it all.

Old 10-16-2003, 11:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm kind of partial to a product from Stoner called More Shine Less Time. It goes on easy with minimum overspray because it's an aerosol. It shines really nicely if you leave it on, but leaves a nice dull, black effect if you wipe it. I've tried a number of other products and like this stuff the best.

Old 10-16-2003, 12:05 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use Black Magic Trim & Tire shine from a local store. Cheap, not too glossy, and long lasting. I use an Eagle One Tire Swipe to apply.

I don't like it on other trim as water (rain) makes it run onto painteed surfaces, but tires are great.

Some poeple like 303 Aerospace protectant fortires, but I don't. But I use 303 for everything else.

Old 10-16-2003, 12:38 PM
meguiars tire gloss is another good one.

Old 10-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Meguiars Endurance. Excellent product and available just about everywhere. It's all I use on my tires now.... another good protectant is Vinylex.

RP

Old 10-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Every product will likely have it's own proponents, so don't look for a consensus That being said, I'm partial to Meguiar's Endurance gel (not the high gloss, the original formula) for my wife's car. I don't use anything on my F150 AT's but, if I have to, I'd probably try 303 protectant first........supposed to leave a nice matte-type of shine. FWIW

ernie

Old 10-16-2003, 06:11 PM
I switched to Mequiars Endurance last year and feel it's about as good as you can get... lasts a long time and easy to apply with a foam tire gel applicator.........

I was using a spray on type of dressing and it just makes a mess in a breeze by settling on your just waxed finish........ and also would sling off easily.

Trending Topics

Old 10-16-2003, 10:09 PM
Count me as another vote for Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel. I like the high gloss version, but other folks seem to like the satin version. To each their own...........

-Mike-

Old 10-16-2003, 10:42 PM
The Endurance Gel is nice, as is Platinums Tire Gel. For a final topping, I like to use Poorboy's Bold & Brite over the Gels, as it really brightens my RWL!

Old 10-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
The Endurance Gel is nice, as is Platinums Tire Gel. For a final topping, I like to use Poorboy's Bold & Brite over the Gels, as it really brightens my RWL!
Hey Boss, no flame intended, but why would you put something over a gel product (that's kinda gooey in and of itself)? My tires end up dark black and very shiny after I apply a coat or two of Meguiars Endurance, so I'm a little lost on your comment......

-Mike-

Old 10-16-2003, 11:35 PM
I have been using the Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance Long Lasting Tire Protectant Gel for over a year now and the stuff is great. Definitly give it a try.

Old 10-17-2003, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the input. I tried the endurance and was impressed with how long it lasted but not with the overall look it provided. It took several coats and still didn't seem to give the tires a wet look. I don't know which one I had but I guess it must have been the satin, I'll try the high gloss next. Thanks again.

Old 10-17-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by BigDeal
Hey Boss, no flame intended, but why would you put something over a gel product (that's kinda gooey in and of itself)? My tires end up dark black and very shiny after I apply a coat or two of Meguiars Endurance, so I'm a little lost on your comment......

-Mike-
None taken BigDeal.

I like to apply a water based dressing over the Gels, as it seems to make the Gel last longer, and the Bold & Brite really whitens up the RWL tires nicely, and even out the Gel. However, you are right, I should have clarified................ I let the Gel dry pretty well, and then lightly buff off the excess (remove gooey) with a cotton towel before applying the water based dressing. This also gives me the "satin" look that I prefer to the shiny look.

Old 10-17-2003, 08:10 AM
No-Touch. Can't beat it for ease and longevity.

Old 10-18-2003, 03:05 AM
rrrroscoe is gonna wwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreck and kill himself on this thing.

I hope that seat doesn't sit as high as it appears because I can just imagine taking a corner on that at 15-20 mph much less 30. One cool point is that if you are bar hopping it would be the ultimate ride since you have your stool right there with you at all times.

Quick Reply: Good tire dressing?