New paint help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New paint help

Just got my truck back from the paint shop today to get cracks in the roof fixed and some tape that was UNDER the paint on the right panel above the front right tire. When can i wash my truck? When can i use a clay bar? When can i polish and wax it?

Old 08-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would probably refer this question to the body shop that did your work because they know the types of paint and methods that they used to fix your issues. I don't know for sure however; I think different painting processes require different cure times and set times...

I hate to post and not answer your question but, I think this one might be left better to the pros that do this for a living...

BTW, how does everything look now that they repainted? Did they have to repaint the entire top or just the gutters?

RP

Old 08-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanx for the reply RP, the whole roof was repainted, not jus the gutters. It also took longer than expected because not only was the paint cracked in the gutter, but the *sealer* nder the paint was cracked as well. They had to go all the way down to bare metal so they could apply a new coat of *sealer*. On the back of the gutter ther is now a bump that wasnt there but it doesnt look odd and the other gutter's bump is a near perfect match, so if you didnt know, it wouldnt look off. Well it apears that i can wash it with just water for the time being(a week?) because when i picked it, they were rinsing the truck off with a presure washer.

And for some reason they decided to spray some armor all in the interior to make it look nice since it was 2 days too long, but that came out looking like *****, so i armor alled my dash all the way and put some 409 on the seats to get of what i could of that armor all. and since I cleaned that armor all with 409, that vivnl is at its best so far(shiniest it could be and not be slick, just makes fart noises as i get in and out ...lol)

All in all i am pleased because they said it would have spread more and rust may have occured. I am also VERY please that is was ALL completely FREE under warranty. Now i cant wait to get the FORD evaluation servey because i take that form to FORD WEST, leave it blank, and they give me a voucher for the nearest gas station and i get to fill up my tank with premium gas even though i dont need it.

longest post i have ever wrote

Quick Reply: New paint help