Online parts store to AVOID

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Online parts store to AVOID

Bought a replacement rear glass for my '04 Screw from a store on Ebay called "Bones Enterprises" last week. called them to pay w/ a credit card and got nothing but attitude from some chick "Jessica" b/c the transaction was taking longer than she wanted.
Called later to speak w/ her boss "Rhonda" who semi apologized but wanted to hear Jessica's side of the story.

Just needed to rant about it, but when you run a customer based business, you always give the benefit of the doubt to the customer first, even if they might be wrong, in which case, i wasn't wrong about anything.

Old 05-31-2006, 08:59 PM
I wouldn't call a company who has a store on eBay an online store per se, Summit would be an online store.

I suspect any store that uses eBay as it's primary venue automatically considering it's not really a cost effective means of doing business for the most part.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:21 PM
well, whatever you call it, just avoid this place. it's run by a bunch of angry women.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:40 AM
I ordered something from them and complained when they said "ship within 3 days" but neglected to put that in their ad ... even though I paid instantly and they assured me that was "industry standard" although anyone I've done business with ships stuff out usually within 24-48 hours if they have it.

Same thing though... lots of attitude from Rhonda. I later exchanged a couple of emails with "Clint" who seemed much more customer focused when I tried to resolve a problem with my order (wheel locks with no registration ID card.)

These guys are basically a clearing house for surplus parts. Not the normal friendly service you get at your local dealer parts counter. (Sarcasm). I paid less than half of what the dealer wanted for the wheel locks so the hassle was worth it. I hope you saved some bucks.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:48 AM
Where was it shipped from. There's a Bone's Auto close to me in the next town or two over. It has a pretty poor look to it, I've never been in there with Parts America down the road.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:59 PM
This is why I almost exclusively stick with Jegs and Summit Racing!

Old 09-25-2006, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by JMGNPD
Where was it shipped from. There's a Bone's Auto close to me in the next town or two over. It has a pretty poor look to it, I've never been in there with Parts America down the road.
According to Ebay, they are located in Tucker, GA

Old 10-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never got as far as ordering from them, I sent a few emails asking question on a couple of there auctions.... got haft @ss, sarcastic replies.. so I figure if thats what you get before the order, you know what you are going to get after the order.....

no thanks, i'll pass on doing bussiness with them....

Old 10-09-2006, 06:49 AM
here's another one for you guys. D and J auto parts. took 3 weeks to get in my replacement ECU...these guys suck. there is so much to rant and rave about it's BS. I OWN an online store. i KNOW when people are lying. i was wanting to buy a plane ticket and go whip some ***.....

Old 10-18-2006, 01:02 AM
hahaha....now that was funny 'crash_lucky13'. I felt the exact same way a few times. I hate that - they will get lippy to you on the phone, but not to your face (like bill collectors).

I try to avoid buying anything more than $20 through ebay anymore. I had a bad experience where I paid for the product and never received it. Tried contacting the seller a month after the transaction (which was more then enough time to receive product) and never got a reply. So I complained to ebay about it. They directed my dispute to the 'impartial mediation' process (through Square Trade) - waste of time. Nothing like arguing back and forth, going around in circles with a bunch of b_ll-less shrinks.....who cares if my glass is half empty or half full....just give me my merchandise or money back - plain and simple! Why do they have to make it more complicated then it is? Dont get me started....

Old 10-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Sad to see ebay heading that way But i wont worry about Bones to much there "company" or what ever you call it will fail soon

i stop using ebay all together most parts that are new you can find some much cheaper off a online store like summit i bought my suspension lift for $1300 on sale off national wheel and tire every thing else i made summit beat other sites prices by a dollar makes a big diff if you look for a while you will find great prices you thought you would never see but i got time like that to burn what else is there to do in the sand box???

Old 10-30-2006, 11:34 AM
I have had good luck with them once, but then again I'm local. I bought 2 F1's out the door for $180 a piece. However they have now applied a new policy where everything has to be shipped, no exceptions..... Oh, well that just meant my money went to Discount Tire for some Nitto's the last time around.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Just like big box stores there are good and bad, you just learn which are good and bad from friends or personal experience.
I primarily buy everything online, electronics, auto parts, clothes, Xmas gifts, almost everything except groceries and such.
Last ebay purchase...My 03 Screw 5.4 4X4 86,000mi...$13,000...sight unseen
Crazy? Probably, but I think I got a decent deal. He was a little freaked out though when it came up in conversation that he vacationed at a lake property in Florida (found while researching him) near my relatives!
midnightwhite

Quick Reply: Online parts store to AVOID